Lower rod come with hardware?

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
No, but when I buy a lower rod from my local dealer he gives me the hardware. He sells the hardware for a buck.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither does Kellyco, and to be honest, I was pretty miffed when I bought a rod from them and found out.. I refused to pay another $10 for shipping to get the hardware that SHOULD have come with the rod... I just bought a couple rubber washers and the nut/bolt used to attach a toilet seat to a toilet, and it works just fine.. for $3.00..
Why on earth would they sell the rod, which is probably to use with another coil 99% of the time, and NOT include the hardware??
I also bought the dust cover from them for my MXT, and it fits like crap..

OP
OP
jharhed

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes sense Rando, either gonna come with the coil OR the rod.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I just got a new coil from Kellyco. there is no mounting hardware included, sounds like kellyco
wants to hit you for another 14.95 shipping fee, when it only cost a dollar to ship it

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
you'd think when you spend 150.00 dollars on a coil, the least they could do is include the washers and bolt w/nut

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
I just got a new coil from Kellyco. there is no mounting hardware included, sounds like kellyco
wants to hit you for another 14.95 shipping fee, when it only cost a dollar to ship it
My sentiment exactly, and it really disappointed me in Kellyco..... I could about drive to their store with what shipping costs, no doubt that shipping the hardware to me would cost very little...

OP
OP
jharhed

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think thats what I'll be doin

Top Member Reactions