Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2007
    Wisconsin
    23 times

Whites idx pro

I have a chance to buy one for $150, is it worth it? I know next to nothing about detectors I'll admit.

Appreciate any input.
    "Carelessness, overconfidence and arrogance are our greatest enemies."

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    63 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

Re: Whites idx pro

Yes, most definitely go for it if it's in good shape and works!!! That's a GREAT price for an IDX Pro!!
    I know my IDX Pro inside & out, and I'll probably never part with it... even though I just bought a Minelab Explorer XS a month ago.

Bran <><
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

us
    Dec 2007
    Wisconsin
    23 times

Trying to finalize the deal right now, Hope it works out.

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    63 times

Sweet! I hope it comes through & works out for ya!!
    If you end up getting it and have any questions about the machine, I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Bran <><
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

us
    Dec 2007
    Wisconsin
    23 times

Thanks Bran, I'll let you know if this pans out.

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    63 times

Sure thing

us
    Dec 2007
    Wisconsin
    23 times

The detector had the batteries left in it since 03. The batteries leaked into and up through the wiring. Not worth the risk.

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    63 times

Ah, that sucks man... I just wonder if that's really enough to mess the detector up.
    Stinks either way though...

Bran <><

us
    Dec 2007
    Wisconsin
    23 times

For me it is, had flash-backs of an insurance job I did a few years back. A new car was driven into a river, submerged and I was the lucky tech who got to replace every wiring harness and module. The insurance company was kind enough to supply the donor wrecks from which the harnesses/modules were obtained.

One of those was also a water damaged vehicle but the insurance company insisted I "try" those parts anyways (I drew the line at the airbag system, all those parts were new), ended up "married" to that car for almost a year.

Corrosion from water or leaky batteries is never fun.

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    63 times

Darn good point... well, keep your eyes open and I'm sure you'll find a good deal.
    I kept searching Craigslist, until I came upon this lot of detecting gear for $800!
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...,295226.0.html
    Obviously, I believe it was just a God-thing, because there's no way I could've afforded everything like that otherwise.
    But still, God works in unique ways sometimes when we keep our eyes open.

Bran <><

Sponsors