New Whites Coinmaster Pro

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Coinmaster Pro is pretty much the same as the PrizmIV but cheaper...Same quality and great performance.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spooky said:
RWJR13 said:
The Coinmaster Pro is pretty much the same as the PrizmIV but cheaper...Same quality and great performance.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ok so...

Coinmaster= Old Prism 3
COinmaster Pro= Old Prism IV then.....
Very good......Does that upset you they did this?

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spooky said:
RWJR13 said:
Spooky said:
RWJR13 said:
Ok so...

Coinmaster= Old Prism 3
COinmaster Pro= Old Prism IV then.....
Very good......Does that upset you they did this?

???

I don't really know.
I would have to guess in what context the question is posed..

As in "what you got a PROBLEM, Mac?" or "How does this affect you?"
It's an ambiguous statement, and I hesitate to answer.

In my PROFESSIONAL opinion?

It doesn't bother me one way or another, as I don't use their lower or middle level machines anymore.

In my PERSONAL opinion?

I think it makes good business sense as it cuts down on confusion.
Personally I think THREE choices make good business sense in the "all purpose range" of detector.
White's has always had very durable and user friendly machines.
They are my FIRST choice.

In a tough economy, people want more for their money and manufacturers have to do more with less. It makes good business sense to make things more simple., and I hope that is what is happening here.

Especially from a dealer and customer service standpoint.
Problem. No..... What you say is true...they have done this to try and sell more detectors....The market is low now as you have noticed and this is also a step to maybe compete with the 250 and others that have sold so well......More bang for the buck so to speak.....Some have been upset that White's has done this "make over" on a few detectors...It's all about the bottom line.....Selling the product... Have a great day......

oldbill

Mar 25, 2006
For a buyer it is great to see Whites and American metal detector come out with a Metal detectore that many can afford. I have set back now for years and seen the prices of metal detector climb climb in price to now we have detectors over $1,000.00 dollars. To me just to go out and enjoy the hobby and finding clad coins it is not worth these high prices. So I salute Whites and Garrett for the low price detectors.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
as has been said....
White's is removing Prizm 3,4 and 5
Replacing with:
Coinmaster
Coinmaster Pro
Prizm 5G

the first 2 are even for even trades.. same machines, dif names and lower prices.. also much lower mark up for dealers

5g is the reg Prizm 5 but with manual ground balance and spyder coil

baldy804

May 6, 2010
whites line of prizms (all prizm models) leave something to be desired nothing like a $300 dollar plus peice of bla,bla,bla ;D the older quantum line detectors are bye far superior in ever aspect compared to the prizm line in my opinion :tongue3:

newdetector10

Dec 4, 2010
Kingsport Tn
Detector(s) used
White's Coin master pro
I just bought the coin master Pro about a week ago my very first metal detector, i'm having trouble out of the sensitivity I have it on 2 or 3 & it still goes mad as if the sensitivity is all the way up, the only thing it's found is a piece of nickel,a couple pull tabs, but mostly trash. My husband loves the thing it's getting on my nerves. Any advice would be greatly appreciated I'm thinking about buying another coil if it keeps it up.

xasp61

Apr 27, 2010
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
V3, XLT, F75, MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baldy804 said:
whites line of prizms (all prizm models) leave something to be desired nothing like a $300 dollar plus peice of bla,bla,bla ;D the older quantum line detectors are bye far superior in ever aspect compared to the prizm line in my opinion :tongue3:
I have used a prizm II that we bought someone for a b-day gift, did not like it. also used a prizm 5 that a friend has and can't stand it either. have you ever used a 6T ? this is a great machine ;D i had a QXT Pro for a while, i would take the 6T over the QXT Pro. The 6T is easy to change settings, runs smooth and hits like a XLT. running the 6T at the lowest settings still hits coins at five inches. if someone had told me that any of the prizms were good machines, i would have had nothing good to say about them, until now. Lightweight, VDI numbers, tone ID, VCO pinpointing and all the setting are right there. No digging thru endless menus. I still like my XLT too, even with all the settings. ;D

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Huh Wore out my old priz II and Got a great deal on a priz IV . I love the priz line other than wet sand u can use them any where . Found 38 silvers this past year alone with the IV including 2 bar ber quarters and a barber dime a few rosies and several mercs. Found a late rush of rings this year 7 in the last week nov17th of use . 3gold and 4silver . Priz always seem to get a bad rap on here . not by me best detector for the money if you ask me. just saying :coffee2: rob

Bill_S

Sep 29, 2010
newdetector10

If you bought it new it should have a warranty. If you think the coil or detetctor is defective you should contact Whites. They have good customer service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread