Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should try a bungee cord. Buy a Lejerman (sp?) or a swingythingy. Don't get me wrong, I love Tesoros, but I wouldn't give up on the MXT without giving it a fighting chance.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if you only used it 5 times that means you are not happy with it so why keep it?...I had a MXT and i was not happy with it sold it. I had a Ace 250 was not happy with it and sold it. That is all i can tell you.

Attachments

• 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 354
  • 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 330

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
When I got my MXT over 8 years ago I was not happy with it at all. Fortunately for me I could not afford to change at that time so I kept at it and after about a dozen trips out with it, It grew on me big time. I have now been using it 8 years with great success and have tried many other machines over the last 6 years and so far I couldn't give it up for any of them. While it's not for everyone, I am certainly glad I stuck with it. Anyway I would try at least 5 more trips out before giving up on it. It may just not be the machine for you but what a shame if it was and you just missed it!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
before I gave up, I would get a swingy thingy and keep working at it

OP
OP
fetz

fetz

Nov 27, 2004
lebanon,pa
Detector(s) used
ace 250/Tesoro Cortes/ Whites Bullseye pinpointer
thANKS FOR THE REPLIES KEEP EM COMING WANT TO MAKE INFORMED DECISION

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not do that at all and I love tesoros too but, the screen on the tesoro is very small and it will be harder to see than the mxt screen. If I were you I would sell that 300 size coil and get the 6x10 dd styled one. It is lighter and it seems to balance out a little better. I know there is a difference in weight but I do not think it is that much of a difference to do a trade but it is your machine too so, who am I to tell you what to do. One other thing is the whites detectors are built like a tank and can take a little more abuse than the other makes so, you may want to consider that also. I also think you cannot beat the auto track ground balance feature the MXT has.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True the White's are heavier than they need to be, but this also means they last. If you are not happy with the weight being the major issue, attach a strap around your shoulder an fastened to the shaft near the box for balance. This will take all the weight off the arm so you will start using the thing again without getting Tennis Elbow like I have.

Actually the Doc called it "golfer's elbow" and I got that from playing a video game too long. :laughing7: not metal detecting. I could hardly raise a beer to my lips and needed a straw.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you tried adjusting the shaft? I shortened mine by one notch and it seemed to make a big difference in the feel.

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fetz, Send me that heavy old mxt and I'll take care of it for you! HH
Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread