Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has a learn & reject mode. You can have it learn to accept a certain earring for example and only sound off on items of like conductivity.

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Amigo!
The V3/V3i has no real "learn mode". It is fairly easy, however, to dictate what VDI numbers you want it to accept or reject.
It is a fairly quick and easy process, but takes a bit of work to get them all out that you won't be needing. If you make such changes to an existing "stock" program, it will retain those new settings in memory, even with the battery out of it. If you create a custom program, that too will retain your settings even when off our battery out of the machine.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's like I thought it's how the XLT is.

Thanks

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Amigo!
The thing with the V3i is, by taking out specific VDI numbers, you may also affect other VDI numbers on either side and eliminate your ability to find good targets. I've heard various answers to how far up or down those numbers may be affected, but it appears that rejecting a specific VDI number, say 32, will affect others 5 up or down from that. So the best thing is to eliminate those VDI numbers you won't be needing in a specific program (say -95 to -05) and then go to the audio settings and simply turn the audio off for other numbers near your target VDI that you want to keep. That's one of the great things about the V3i. You can eliminate VDI numbers from being seen at all, or allow them to be seen, but not respond with audio on a target VDI you aren't interested in.

Hope that adds another dimension for your consideration.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread