no receipt for my V3, question about upgrade

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought my V3 from a member on here and it is supposed to have been purchased in May of 2010. He promissed to send a copy of the receipt but he has stopped responding to my emails and won't send a copy of the receipt. does anybody know if whites would have the waranty information on file for purchase date? I filled out a waranty form online to transfer the waranty and it was accepted but never heard anything back from whites.

I want to get the "I" upgrade but need a copy of the original receipt or else pay an extra $99 for it. any suggestions on getting the purchase date verified to save the $99 on the upgrade? I have given up on the member here sending it (all i asked for is a scanned copy emailed to me).

I have emailed the dealer he purchased it from asking them to help me with a duplicate receipt, I hope they will help me out.

anything else to try? I'm open to suggestions...

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Email the local whites service center and include your serial# and ask.. I just did and missed the deadline by 3 days!!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
who is the member that did this. this is a respectable site and we don't need people like that here.
for the most part people on this site do what they say they're going to do. obviously, this member is not respectable or just doesn't care about their reputation JMO

OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He finaly replied to my email and told me where he purchased the detector, I have emailed them asking if they can provide a duplicate receipt. i was also told that the dealer he purchased it from took care of the waranty registration for him so I am hoping it is so.

The seller told me he is in the process of moving and is trying to find the original receipt. He had to sell the V3 because his son had to have surgery so I won't say he is a bad person, just too much to deal with at the moment to worry about a receipt. I have been there and know what it is like to have a child needing surgery, my little boy had 3 major surgeries before he was 9 months old. I can truly understand why this is not a big deal to him right now and don't hold any grudge.

I'm hoping I can get some good information from Whites and a duplicate receipt from the dealer. He purchased it new from S & P Treasure Finders in Kingsport TN, I will wait for a reply from them with fingers crossed.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call the factory, ask for Laura in service... she can look up the serial # and verify the purchase date, then advise you on returning it for the upgrade.

- Carl

OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Carl-NC said:
Call the factory, ask for Laura in service... she can look up the serial # and verify the purchase date, then advise you on returning it for the upgrade.

- Carl

Thanks Carl, I will do that when the West Coast has time to wake up this morning. I am anxious to get this taken care of.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I'll retract my previous comments, I know what it's like for a child to have surgery at a young age "8 weeks old" when it happens nothing else matters

OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got off the phone with Whites, They did verify the purchase date as March 13th of 2010 and I am in the system as the registered owner now.
She told me I don't need the receipt since it will be looked up by the service center anyway so I can get the upgrade for $25.00

Thanks for the advice on getting the information.

KYBuzzBox

Apr 7, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, D2, 6x10DD, 4x6DD, Super-12, 8x14DD
You will love the V3i upgrade. It will run much quieter and smoother than the V3.

Happy Hunting....KYBuzzBox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread