Question for XLT owners

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The programs for the XLT won't work on the DFX only in the matter of the values of the settings. There are "custom" settings for the DFX in the manual and at the DFX website. I have no confidence in any "custom" programs as they can only be varied to the ground or location you are going to hunt. Most are just jacked up Gain and Sensitivity to smaller targets. This means the DFX can still read foil and it is a deep Merc. Dime on edge.

OP
OP
finderskeepers

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The programs for the XLT won't work on the DFX only in the matter of the values of the settings. There are "custom" settings for the DFX in the manual and at the DFX website. I have no confidence in any "custom" programs as they can only be varied to the ground or location you are going to hunt. Most are just jacked up Gain and Sensitivity to smaller targets. This means the DFX can still read foil and it is a deep Merc. Dime on edge.

I understand what you are saying. I am new to detecting and to the DFX, but not so new that I haven't found that my Bounty Hunter can find targets as deep or deeper than the DFX running factory programs.

Part of "my" learning process is to compare custom programs (and how they differ from factory settings) and the comments others make about them. I use them as another starting point and start tweaking for my conditions.

No illusions here about plug and play with those XLT programs... though most of the other settings seem to make sense (in relation to each other). I'm just curious about the PreAmp Gain on the XLT.

Can anyone who owns the machine tell me... what is the highest and lowest setting?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread