Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
They still have them on their website.
Yes and they had a extra flyer with there catalog that had the VX3 in it .... But they did not have any mention of the M6 any were....

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a the little brochure on display in my local hobbytown and they seem to have different looking ones every time I'm in there and there in that one but the M6 is back between some other detectors not with the V's,DFX,MXT which it usually is.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at all the different models White's has produced it makes you wonder if they just changed the box or decals as there aren't that many circuits. Sell it with a new decal and charge a different price and we think its "gotta be improved," least why would they sell another one.:laughing7: We're so stupid.......

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that the M6, MXT and MXT pro probably all have the same circuitboard but for the different models there's different components on the board for each one. I use to work on electronics and that's the way all the consumer products have been for years, the fancier model will have more different components on it then the less expensive model which doesn't have as many frills.

The only model that I know for sure they aren't manufacturing any more are the DFX's, they still have them for sale on their website but when they're gone that's it.

Last edited:

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M6 and mxt same circuit board same software for coin and jewelry. So yes same machine minus the relic mode and prospecting mode. Got info straight from one of the Whites big wigs.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i think the M6 is a thing of the past....... it is not in there adds in the treasure mags now........... I said the same thing about the Minelab Sovereign about a year or so ago............. And every one said that Minelab would never quit making the Sovereign for it is there best seller........... GUESS what as of Dec 31 ,2012 no more Sovereigns will be made..........I never saw Sovereigns in Minelabs adds either for months to me that's a hint.....

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect its because the higher dollar machine the mxt is more of a money maker and the M6 is practically the exact same machine minus the relic and prospecting mode they figure Mxt will sufice.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I suspect its because the higher dollar machine the mxt is more of a money maker and the M6 is practically the exact same machine minus the relic and prospecting mode they figure Mxt will sufice.
...Could be...........

shortcut

Apr 21, 2009
N.W. Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, XP Deus, MXT ALL Pro, Racer, T2 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The new catalogs are out and the only machines not in it are the Prizm 6t, TDI, TDI Pro and GMZ - VX3 and M6 are still there!

L

l2hunt

i heard something about the dfx, i think? but from what i have read about the m'6....my guess is white's will continue selling that one for now!.....and not saying that just because i have one either hehehe

tumbleinn2

Apr 24, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
WHITE"S SPECTRA V3i d2 coil 6x10 coil 5.3 coil super 12 surfmaster II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vx3 replaced the Dfx it will be a wile before u see the m6 off the market

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You guys are giving me a complex about my M6. Its a pretty good little but heavy park machine. I try to run wide open on the sens but try to stay alittle under the nickel and it does alright. If anyone has any ideas as to settings, let me hear from you. Thanks, Rook

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
come on sandest of man
you no they all have diffrent option so that makes them have different intergrated circut boards
houseing mite be the same to save some money
but keep there ruggedness value
wake up

liftloop

L

l2hunt

that's close to how i run mine rook.....disc at about 9 o'clock, sens at the 100 mark or just slightly above that but never all the way cause it will generally get noisy on me, then put it on auto trac, although sometimes i'll run it in the lock position depending on the ground, but if you use the lock you will want to put in back on auto trac every once in a while then back to lock, just to get a re-read on the ground. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread