v3i overload

tmshaft

Dec 2, 2012
When out this weekend and started out with my Rx gain at 12 and it was running quiet then decided to move to another park . So I loaded up the detector in the car and drove to the site but when I got there and turned the machine on it started overloading right away till I turned down Rx to 8 now no matter where I am at it overloads anything above 8 . Does this mean its a bad coil or machine ?

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try somewhere else and see if it changes. You could have buried power lines or other EMF sources in the area of that particular park.

OP
OP
T

tmshaft

Dec 2, 2012
I tried all day to no change and a buddy of mine was hunting same site with a 3030 and had no interference.

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you have another coil? Is there a coil cover on it? I think you're on to something suspecting the coil although the ones I've seen go bad wouldn't pick up a target at any RXG setting.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When out this weekend and started out with my Rx gain at 12 and it was running quiet then decided to move to another park . So I loaded up the detector in the car and drove to the site but when I got there and turned the machine on it started overloading right away till I turned down Rx to 8 now no matter where I am at it overloads anything above 8 . Does this mean its a bad coil or machine ?
Mine just did the same thing last week Tom. It would overload at anything above Rx 6. Called White's and got a new one delivered for the price of shipping still barely under the 2 year warranty. Works like a champ now, in fact I think it was bad from the factory because I could never go above 12 without strange results.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I may try the master reset on mine for the same issue, getting to where I can't hunt with rxg at 8 or higher. Sensitivity at 80

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I may try the master reset on mine for the same issue, getting to where I can't hunt with rxg at 8 or higher. Sensitivity at 80

I tried that too and it didn't help. Had a short in the coil. At least they replaced it for free plus the shipping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread