• 20140906_174107-1.jpg
    20140906_174107-1.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 173

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my TRX for a few weeks now.I am really liking it a lot. Very sensitive, spot on pinpointing, well built. Definitely money well spent.

What's Up with all the tip Covers?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prevents VD!:laughing7:

Don't seem long enough....

but I guess covering the tip is the most important.:laughing7:

Just picked up my new TRX a few hours ago & look forward to testing it out tomorrow..

I'm going to be it's only user so the VD thing will not be a problem.

Davers:thumbsup:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't seem long enough....

but I guess covering the tip is the most important.:laughing7:

Just picked up my new TRX a few hours ago & look forward to testing it out tomorrow..

I'm going to be it's only user so the VD thing will not be a problem.

Davers:thumbsup:

Good luck Davers!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used the Pin pointer Yesterday & it worked great.

I just cant leave it on all the time cause of all the stuff I carry But That's Cool..

Does the Full Tone Sound , Supposed To be Chatty ' not Solid , like my Bullseye 2 was?

Davers

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Used the Pin pointer Yesterday & it worked great. I just cant leave it on all the time cause of all the stuff I carry But That's Cool.. Does the Full Tone Sound , Supposed To be Chatty ' not Solid , like my Bullseye 2 was? Davers

You can leave it on, just hold it near metal and hit the button. When your ready to use it hold it away from metal and hit the button and it resets. It beeps faster the closer you get to the target so yeah it chats away.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good To Know , Rob..

Still getting used to it but I def, like it.

Another thing I have learned is to keep the shovel & loop a-least a Foot away when pin-pointing a Target.

Davers

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
May I ask???, why would anyone want to leave the Propointer on all the time? The battery is draining but more importantly, the pointer continues to auto tune as time goes by. As the KISS rules, Keep It Simple Sam. Turn it on, use it, turn it off, and repeat next dig.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May I ask???, why would anyone want to leave the Propointer on all the time? The battery is draining but more importantly, the pointer continues to auto tune as time goes by. As the KISS rules, Keep It Simple Sam. Turn it on, use it, turn it off, and repeat next dig.
Some people do not want to wait for the start up time every couple feet when your in a loaded area like a school. The TRX does not auto tune, it ground balances when it's turned on and you can manually throttle down the sensitivity when your close to a target by tapping the button. You can reset it to max sensitivity by tapping the button again with no metal present. It's just some peoples preference that's all.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me the jury is still out on my TRX. I am happy with it but I am so used to my Pro pointer that the TRX has not blown me away nor did i expect it to. I bought it more to have another pointer so my grandson can use one when we go out. That way we don't spend a lot of time sharing one pointer. For me it seems to have more depth than the Pro pointer and it seems more precise when on or close to a target.

How much more can the manufacturers do to improve over each other and still make them cost effective. To me the pointers are like the detectors. The all do the same thing and it becomes a personal preference.

Whenever something new comes out we all want it hoping the new item or model is the magic bullet we been looking for to increase our finds.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Some people do not want to wait for the start up time every couple feet when your in a loaded area like a school. The TRX does not auto tune, it ground balances when it's turned on and you can manually throttle down the sensitivity when your close to a target by tapping the button. You can reset it to max sensitivity by tapping the button again with no metal present. It's just some peoples preference that's all.

I see your point, and I was indeed incorrect when I said it auto tuned all the time. The ProPointer does continually tune and some people continually complain about aggrivation when leaving theirs on. I let myself get confused about the TRX tuning.

Those are understandable reasons for leaving the TRX on. I wouldn't do it personally, plus I carry mine near my shover carrier and leaving it on wouldn't be feasible as it would be going off a lot.

If the TRX had a mode where it gave me a consistent 3 inches with side detection...I'd cheer that the TRX eas the best thing since sliced bread in the pinpointer world. I've begun to carry two ponters again so I can use the GPP or the X-pointer when I find time is wasted in pointing that small flashlight beam for targets in a pile of dirt or even in many holes, if it's half way up on a sidewall. I'd hoped the TRX would get me to only one pointer in the field. Oh well.

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see that after I had originally started this thread there has been a lot of responses.

After using the TRX for uncountable hunts, here are my simple thoughts:

I am more used to the Propointer and for me the ability to detect on the sides of the probe is undispensible and something you sacrifice with the TRX. With the TRX's ability to adjust the sensitivity, this is very nice especially when probing for coins. I have been on hunts where I dug some very deep signals (9+ range) and I probably wouldn't have easily found the target without being able to adjust the sensitivity of the TRX up.

Perfect pin pointer for me would be a TRX with the vibration quality and sensitivity down the probe length like the Propointer, waterproof and have the ability to adjust the sensitivity like it already has. Why doesn't someone create the "perfect pinpointer"?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see that after I had originally started this thread there has been a lot of responses.

After using the TRX for uncountable hunts, here are my simple thoughts:

I am more used to the Propointer and for me the ability to detect on the sides of the probe is undispensible and something you sacrifice with the TRX. With the TRX's ability to adjust the sensitivity, this is very nice especially when probing for coins. I have been on hunts where I dug some very deep signals (9+ range) and I probably wouldn't have easily found the target without being able to adjust the sensitivity of the TRX up.

Perfect pin pointer for me would be a TRX with the vibration quality and sensitivity down the probe length like the Propointer, waterproof and have the ability to adjust the sensitivity like it already has. Why doesn't someone create the "perfect pinpointer"?

Whites Metal Detectors really stepped it up on the detection depth on the TRX. I too wish it had more side detection. For me the TRX is my go to for now.

boucaneer

Greenie
Nov 5, 2012
London/India
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the more I read the more I'm tempted to buy a TRX tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me how it performs on wet sand and mineralised sand/soil please?

I would also like to ask how it petforms in shallow sea?

I know it's a lot to ask from a pin pointer but if anyone has any experience with this a response would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Rik601

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and Hehjus need to jump off a cliff DUDE !! Please feel free to hit yourself over the head with your own BIBLE and leave the rest of us out of the loop !!

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? You got a problem with something? I didn't see it I guess.
You and Hehjus need to jump off a cliff DUDE !! Please feel free to hit yourself over the head with your own BIBLE and leave the rest of us out of the loop !!

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have received my trx and even tho I haven't had the chance to use it while detecting , I have played around with it in my front and back lawns...WOW!! It is a detector by itself...I mean, areas that have been detected are producing coins and other metal objects... Simply amazing, Whites has a bonifide winner in the TRX!!! I use the AA batteries but am glad it has the option for the 9 volt

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have received my trx and even tho I haven't had the chance to use it while detecting , I have played around with it in my front and back lawns...WOW!! It is a detector by itself...I mean, areas that have been detected are producing coins and other metal objects... Simply amazing, Whites has a bonifide winner in the TRX!!! I use the AA batteries but am glad it has the option for the 9 volt

Congratulations on your purchase! The TRX is awesome! Love the programmability and the extra depth it has to help locate deeper targets before digging. Enjoy, H Digs!

Last edited:

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like many here used the propointer and was very happy with it then last year I decided to get the trx at first I did not take a shine to it but then the more I used it the more I liked it over the pro I think for me the best thing I like about it is it's depth some times after I pin point a traget with my detector I can hit the traget with the trx I finally gave my propointer away to my grandson to upgrade from a bounty hunter prob he was using

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread