Orfee

Oct 29, 2014
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle II SL
Whites Goldmaster II
Whites Surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question concerning the knob labeled tuner on a Whites Goldmaster II for anyone that might still own one. I hadn't used mine for quite some time and decided to put some batteries in it and check it out I noticed that I don't seem to have any control of the threshold audio level using the tuner knob as stated in the manual. it seems that the threshold audio is at max loudness no matter if the knob is full ccw. I can't seem to remember but I believe when the knob is full ccw there should be no threshold audio and then when the knob is slowly rotated cw the audio should increase to the desired level. So I think that maybe I have a shorted out potentiometer but that seems unlikely as very little current is used or it could be open. I guess I could remove it and check it out with an ohm meter but I may be better off just sending it to the manufacturer for repair. But I would certainly like to know first if the detector should be quiet with the tuner knob full ccw. thanks for any help

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the GM v/sat.
On the top right corner I have the 10 turn threshhold knob.
ccw the tone goes away, cw it gets louder.
If your tuner knob is the same as my threshold, it should work the way you described.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread