Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone.

I already posted this some time ago I have a terrible problem with my GMT.
I was referred to Whiteselectronics forum but they do not permit new threads right now, I don't know why, maybe because I am a new member?

I decided to make a 2 minute video to show the problem with my detector:

If someone knows how to fix it I would be very happy.

Ben

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It might be picking up an outside electrical field...EMT. It shouldn't be near flourescent lights, televisions, powerlines, etc. If you're sure there are no sources of EMT nearby, try turning the unit on. Then while it's on, remove the battery pack. That should cause a hard reset when you reinstall the battery, and turn the unit on. If that doesn't work, you should try a different coil. If that still doesn't help, you should probably send it in to Whites.
Jim

OP
OP
Benjamin52

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thnks, will try but up in the mountain when the problem started there was no source of EMT anywhere near... :S

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aah...I didn't catch that it started in a remote area. That does eliminate EMT as a source for the problem. Try switching coils, and then the reset. If neither works, it's off to Whites. The good news is that Whites is really great on service, and the prices are reasonable.
Jim

OP
OP
Benjamin52

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aah...I didn't catch that it started in a remote area. That does eliminate EMT as a source for the problem. Try switching coils, and then the reset. If neither works, it's off to Whites. The good news is that Whites is really great on service, and the prices are reasonable.
Jim

Thanks, Jim.
The problem is that I do not have an alternative coil for it with me here in Taiwan.
it would also cost a fortune to send it to the States and have it repaired.
I guess I am pretty much screwed. I think I might open it and check if anything is loose. Maybe I could post some pictures of the insides and have some of the tech experts here on the forum see them or would that be a very bad idea? (Seeing that there are not many choices and I do like the machine and want to go nugget hunting pretty soon)

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did you try the reset? I'm sending you a private message.
Jim

OP
OP
Benjamin52

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried the reboot. Pulled the battery pack out several times while it was on but when I put it back, the sound continued. I also tried pulling it out then switching it off and then on again with the batteyr pack inside. problem persists. I dont know why I cant post on the whites forum looks like it is restricted for new threads..

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where did you purchase it from?
Or whom?
Can you borrow a coil from some one.

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
You are still having problems with your GMT? Send it in to Whites UK for repair. You posted problems last November. Send it in. it sounds critical. send the main rod (screen and control box) and the coil. no need to send the rest of the unit and pay higher shipping cost. If it is less than 2 years old, it should be fixed free. If it is older then the repair charges shouldn't be that bad.

Last edited:

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are still having problems with your GMT? Send it in to Whites UK for repair. You posted problems last November. Send it in. it sounds critical. send the main rod (screen and control box) and the coil. no need to send the rest of the unit and pay higher shipping cost. If it is less than 2 years old, it should be fixed free. If it is older then the repair charges shouldn't be that bad.

I agree, don't mess with it, send it in to Whites, it will be worth it, the trouble here is we are all clutching at straws and one mistake and it's lunched.

john

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions