dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go away, don't bother Trolling my posts, If you don't like move on, I will survive without your wisdom.

Oh and the Best machine you own is that Tesoro, and just so you know, your 705 only exists because Minelab Reverse Engineered the MXT to find out why it was so Good so they could adapt that Technology to the 705.

The good thing about the internet is YOU don't know who you are actually talking to.

I've been wanting a whites. I was thinking about an mxt pro but if it's anything like the 705 I'll pass. I hated that thing. Fbs is outstanding in iron of you learn them. That's why I said you are obviously confused.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtscratcher, if you do want a Whites try a used MX-5. I liked it better than the MXT-Pro snd the audio is better IMO

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Etrac and F75 can do that...

The E-Trac won't do it because the moment it see's Iron it will Blank, any detector will do it in the All Metal Mode or with the screen wide open, Try doing it in the C&J mode or the relic mode. with the E-trac.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about TTF or FTF with wide open screen? The Etrac will not blank then.
I agree in coin and jewelry mode in a 4500 year old site it probably will suffer. But if ran correctly it will not suffer the masking you speak of. Forget the Soverign while it's a great machine there is no way to turn off iron discrimination and I am sure it would give one big null

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't run the E-trac wide open in such sites, because it would take you all day to search an area half the size of a Tennis court, Having used my E-trac and Sovereign GT and my Quatro in such places I assure you that it is easier to stay home and complete your Honey Do list,

It is not about bashing minelab because they are truly great machines and I loved using them but in such places the Musketeer Advantage was far superior, The biggest regret of my detecting life is selling the Musketeer Advantage because that machine made detecting fun, It was fast and Deep and I never had to sell body parts to own it, Oh I wish they would re-release it like they have with the GPX-4500.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So with the mxt in relic mode is that not identical to the Etrac in TTF? I know you can set the break point on iron with the mxt but not the Etrac but essentially performing the same function? Iron vs everything else?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The E-Trac won't do it because the moment it see's Iron it will Blank, any detector will do it in the All Metal Mode or with the screen wide open, Try doing it in the C&J mode or the relic mode. with the E-trac.

"The E-Trac won't do it because the moment it see's Iron it will Blank"...
This is also not true if its set up correctly...

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So with the mxt in relic mode is that not identical to the Etrac in TTF? I know you can set the break point on iron with the mxt but not the Etrac but essentially performing the same function? Iron vs everything else?

The only way that I could get mine to work was run it wide open,

If I was beach detecting I would have kept the E-trac and the GT but I have PI's for that they were better off in the hands of someone who did have a use for them.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, once a member hits enter thread belongs to TreasureNet, not the member who started thread.....

All, please post by the rules and do not call other members trolls, it violates our rules.......

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, once a member hits enter thread belongs to TreasureNet, not the member who started thread.....

All, please post by the rules and do not call other members trolls, it violates our rules.......

So we have to tolerate negative input along with those refusing to let people share their views based upon experience along with calling people Liars,

Thank you for taking the Time to help clear that up.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So we have to tolerate negative input along with those refusing to let people share their views based upon experience along with calling people Liars,

No we expect you to be able to handle yourself like an adult and that means everyone not just you. I believe Treasure Hunter asked you nicely?

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No we expect you to be able to handle yourself like an adult and that means everyone not just you. I believe Treasure Hunter asked you nicely?

Hahaha

Did he ? sorry I must of missed him doing that,

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh yes I see it now, He asked "US" after another member was allowed to politely say I was Lying,

Thanks for highlighting that I see it what he meant now.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

He did not call you a liar, he disagreed with your post which does not violate our rules as long as there are no attacks.

Example I say my excal nulls on iron and brass and TnMountains says no it nulls only on iron he isn't calling me a liar, he is disagreeing with my post which is allowed. If I don't like the reply and tell him to go troll somewhere else I am violating our rules as I attacked and insulted him..

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He did not call you a liar, he disagreed with your post which does not violate our rules as long as there are no attacks.

Example I say my excal nulls on iron and brass and TnMountains says no it nulls only on iron he isn't calling me a liar, he is disagreeing with my post which is allowed. If I don't like the reply and tell him to go troll somewhere else I am violating our rules as I attacked and insulted him..

Ok I see what is going on here,

@bigcreekdad, If you wish to discuss the MXT further please feel free to contact me and I will be Glad to Help. Ok

good luck mate,

OP
OP
B

bigcreekdad

May 14, 2010
FYI....traded my MXT in for a Pro today. Looking forward to testing it over the weekend.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless some new tech comes out that totally blows the VLF detectors out of the water while it can discriminate, then White's should always make some form of an MXT. HH

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WHOA WHOA EVERYBODY YOU KNOW MAYBE THE MACHINES THAT ARE BAD ARE A BLESSING TO SOME OF THE USERS WHO DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO BY A DECENT TOP OF ALINE MACHINE . I HAVE THE MXT ALLPRO AND ITS A GREAT MACHINE WITH A 8X6 DETECH COIL AND ITS AN AWESOME SETUP , ITS NOT THE MACHINE ITS THE OPERATOR WHO MAKES THE DECISIONS , AND THE DETECTOR THAT FINDS THE PRIZE .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread