Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a huge difference between detech 8x6 and detech 10x5 coils if so what are they?

The 5x10 is quite sensitive to small targets and in Hot Ground that can make life difficult causing you to have to lower the Gain, Where as the Detech 8x6 is not quite so "Hot" So they handle the hotter ground better, Detech Coils are the better choice if you are detecting in hotter ground but for prospecting Whites Coils being more sensitive (Hotter), So really it would be wise to Own Both,

Hope this helps.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a new Detech 10x5 DD coil for my MXT All Pro and it is amazing. I can run it wide open on sensitivity and it separates really well in trashy yards due to it only being 5" wide and still covers plenty of ground being 10" long.
Gary from Oregon

Misuraco

Dec 2, 2016
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX
Detect-Ed red belly shaft
Minelab ProFind 35
All 3 nox coils
Grave Digger tomb stone venom
Grave Digger side kick venom
At pro
Whites Mx5
Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys I got both the 8x6 and 5x10 coils. Now I'm not sure if I should keep them both because they are so close in size. If I were to keep one which one would be the better choice. I'm thinking about returning one of them and getting a 13" or something similar and thoughts?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sell the 8x6 and buy the 13" Ultimate.... I have them both and they are awesome...

Misuraco

Dec 2, 2016
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX
Minelab ProFind 35
All 3 nox coils
At pro
Whites Mx5
Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I was thinking. How deep of targets do you pick up with the 13" and I read it's hard to pin point with the 13" is that correct? Im using MX5 if that makes a difference or not

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I was thinking. How deep of targets do you pick up with the 13" and I read it's hard to pin point with the 13" is that correct? Im using MX5 if that makes a difference or not

I bought the..14x10 Detech coils for mine because it covers more ground and it is Narrower and weighs 16 grams/Half Ounce lighter than the Factory 10" DD and it has greater depth too.

Misuraco

Dec 2, 2016
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX
Minelab ProFind 35
All 3 nox coils
At pro
Whites Mx5
Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.. how deep can it go down? My goal is to hit some spots I've had really good luck at with some great finds and get the deeper targets out.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.. how deep can it go down? My goal is to hit some spots I've had really good luck at with some great finds and get the deeper targets out.

Depending on the Mode and Target type 2 or 3 feet is possible, Some coins you can hit them at 14 to 18" where ground conditions allow.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It will find larger items deeper than you want to dig... :) Coins they just hit harder and you can cover more clean ground with this coil... It is very easy to pinpoint with the 13" coil.

I have one for my MXT, my Etrac and my F75SE DST... I like them that much!

Good luck! Gary

Misuraco

Dec 2, 2016
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX
Minelab ProFind 35
All 3 nox coils
At pro
Whites Mx5
Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas much appreciated the 13" is pretty cheap right now on Kelly co. Think I'm going to pull the trigger on it and send back the 5x10 since I haven't used it yet keep the 8x6 and have the 13"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread