Get a new Machine or get my xlt re-furbed

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been thinking about getting a new Machine (No Brand Specified) & I was talking to a Guy about My XLT & His DFX and Other guy's we know use MXT's.

He suggested I Send the Machine to Whites & they would fix it up "Like new" I know I would need a new 'Basic' loop as mine was almost worn through. I thankful for 'Flex Seal' lol.

It also needs some other inside the Battery Box. Small Fixes.
It looks it's Age but could be worse , I know it's reached it's $75.000 (Retail) level in finds ; so needless to say I like it.

What Y'all think ? Worth it or not?
Thanks Davers

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Pro's for the old machine:
(1) You're already familiar with the machine and understand its language
(2) It's already paid for - maybe several times over
(3) A new machine could get expensive real quick
(4) A new machine would take time to learn the subtle language, as well as the controls

Pro's for a new machine:
(1) Newer machines often are more sensitive, have better discrimination, or can get deeper targets. ...Often, but not always!
(2) A new machine would come with a warranty.
(3) Newer machine would probably be a bit lighter, which would leave you with more energy (or maybe I should say 'less pain') at the end of the day

Look at the finds of others in your area who use different machines. Are they finding more or older targets than you? If so, maybe your detector isn't best suited for that area. In the end, only you can decide whether to spend the money or not. HH

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think about a used detector my regular MXT uses the same coils as the V3i, VX3, DFX, MXTpro, and the M6, you can get lots of different coils if you want but the right 2 or 3 would cover about any ground. Just check it out good if local and whites most likely wouldn't charge anymore to repair the MXT over your XLT if ever needed, I liked my MXT so much I bought a used one local as it's extra deep with the right coil. HH

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmmmmmm.. "In deep Thought". Thanks for the Reply's.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread