MXT VS the beach

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used mine much at the beach but if you ground balance in the wet sand then stay in the wet sand and rebalance when detecting the dry sand, this worked best for me anyway as it didn't like going from the wet to the dry sand much. HH

degoldn1

Greenie
Apr 15, 2010
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 / Whites MXT E-Series Tracker / Whites Treasure Pro / All Garrett Ace Series / Whites Prism 5 / Bounty Hunter Prospector IV / Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter / Whites Coin Master 1dB /
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put your MXT into relic mode and dig every signal, It seems to work the best on the beach. Don't detect towards the water or away from the water, go with the tide line long ways. Don't Forget to ground balance your detector. It's like running in all metal mode on the beach. I've had lots of success in this mode. I hope this was helpful ? Happy Hunting:thumbsup:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good comments so far! I used my older MXT in the dry with great results. Struggled in the wet out here on California beaches.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dry sand=good, wet sand less than ok, turn down sen to 2 or 3. Stay out of the sea washing over your coil unless you like listing to heavy metal music.:violent1:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put your MXT into relic mode and dig every signal, It seems to work the best on the beach. Don't detect towards the water or away from the water, go with the tide line long ways. Don't Forget to ground balance your detector. It's like running in all metal mode on the beach. I've had lots of success in this mode. I hope this was helpful ? Happy Hunting:thumbsup:

Good info here!

nor kal kid

Feb 19, 2014
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does your surf pi work on the beaches

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does your surf pi work on the beaches

If that was meant for me, it works great! I have a Sov GT now I use more often though as I can avoid digging all those bobby pins and rusted nails!

degoldn1

Greenie
Apr 15, 2010
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 / Whites MXT E-Series Tracker / Whites Treasure Pro / All Garrett Ace Series / Whites Prism 5 / Bounty Hunter Prospector IV / Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter / Whites Coin Master 1dB /
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all ! I'm happy to answer all your questions and to be apart of small scale mining and metal detecting. 37 years experience, I love it and breathe it.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dry sand=good, wet sand less than ok, turn down sen to 2 or 3. Stay out of the sea washing over your coil unless you like listing to heavy metal music.:violent1:

yeah what up wit that?
water proof coil, but in salt water it's bad

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all ! I'm happy to answer all your questions and to be apart of small scale mining and metal detecting. 37 years experience, I love it and breathe it.

Welcome to the White's Treasure / Junk ee's corner!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread