My Latest Purchase: Whites Bullseye TRX Pinpointer

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whiteā€™s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / Whiteā€™s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a month ago my Garrett Pro Pointer began giving false signals, beeping continuously, or was hard to turn on and off. Finally the only way I could use it was to hold the button down while I attempted to find the target. Sent it back to the nice people at Garrett $43 and a week later it was back. Problem was that I couldn't get it to stay on. After 30-40 attempts the on/off button started working correctly and I was on my way. Second day out though, when I was locating a target, it began beeping continuously until I removed the battery. Battery in...beeps...battery out...stops beeping...you get the picture. Enough is enough!

I pick up the White's Bulleye TRX today at Cabala's and it seems like a nice unit. The housing is designed to be changed if needed, the detector is waterproof to 10 feet, and the on/off switch seems to work smoothly and properly. I set it to the tone ID mode because that mode seems to react to a target farther away than the vibrate mode. Maybe it's just me. I like the AA battery pack and think it's cool that you can also use 9 volt batteries if you prefer.

I read the manual and did everything they suggested...Ta-da! But then...just by chance...I saw a video on YouTube on a sensitivity setting. Yup, there are four different sensitivity settings depending on your preference and/or hunting conditions. I set mine to the maximum setting of 4 and I'll see what happens.

Tomorrow I'll give it a try at a park that dates to the late 1800s. I've hunted the life out of that park for the last three years. I've found more than 78 coins (that's when I lost count) with dates between 1899 through the 1950's. Yes, I found the occasional clad but this park really hasn't been used much since the sixties.

Here's the YouTube video explaining how to set the sensitivity on the White's Bullseye TRX Pinpointer. H Digs!

Setting the Sensitivity on the Whites TRX Pinpointer

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I may just buy one of these, I've read so much about them. i have a pro-pointer and a Carrot now that I use. The Carrot has worked fine but I like the TRX idea. Thanks for the vid!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I like them so much I bought 2.

You'll probably like it.

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whiteā€™s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / Whiteā€™s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have ordered mine and am awaiting its delivery on Tuesday...:hello2: woohoo

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have ordered mine and am awaiting its delivery on Tuesday...:hello2: woohoo

Good for you! You won't be disappointed! H Pinpointing!

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have received the TRX and it is everything a pinpointer should be... the box says metal detector and that is quite true... I am using the 2 aa batteries it seems to be working perfectly :headbang:

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
You may find the setting of 4 is a bit busy.... most use the 3 setting but if you have good ground conditions you can go to max without problem.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Twinkletoes,

I use a rechargeable EBL 6F22, 9 volt 600 mAh in my TRX, Pro Pointer II and "Garrett Carrot", they work very well.

Regards,

Doc

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Twinkletoes,

I use a rechargeable EBL 6F22, 9 volt 600 mAh in my TRX, Pro Pointer II and "Garrett Carrot", they work very well.

Regards,

Doc

Thanks for the tip! I'll look into that for sure! Tt

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the rechargeable 2300 mAh NiMH Energizer AA cells,
MXT and V3i as well as the wireless V3i headphones all use the same batteries.... Only makes sense to stick with those especially since there is no appreciable difference in performance or battery life.
JMHO

Oh I don't currently have a TRX.... Yet. but when I do the above is what I will use.

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info! Thanks, Tt

ā˜  Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently moved to the TRX after using many other models, including the ProPointer. It is the best I've ever had or used hands down. It's not even a close call. My second pinpointer is going to be a Gold Digger Land or Sea. It gets great range, is a PI pinpointer and is good to 20 ft underwater. I plan to use my TRX on land with my F75 LTD, and the Land or Sea with my MX Sport in creeks, lakes, ponds etc. I'm very impressed with the reviews and customer satisfaction with the Land or Sea pinpointer, and I value my TRX too much to use underwater even though it is marketed as waterproof.

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ā˜  Cipher;5338336 said:
I recently moved to the TRX after using many other models, including the ProPointer. It is the best I've ever had or used hands down. It's not even a close call. My second pinpointer is going to be a Gold Digger Land or Sea. It gets great range, is a PI pinpointer and is good to 20 ft underwater. I plan to use my TRX on land with my F75 LTD, and the Land or Sea with my MX Sport in creeks, lakes, ponds etc. I'm very impressed with the reviews and customer satisfaction with the Land or Sea pinpointer, and I value my TRX too much to use underwater even though it is marketed as waterproof.

What is the depth on your Land or Sea?

I've got other pin pointers that work, but that one catches my eye.

ā˜  Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the depth on your Land or Sea?

I've got other pin pointers that work, but that one catches my eye.

I just received it not too long ago and I love it. The range is a little shy of the TRX, about 3" but that's plenty.
It's well built and I feel very comfortable submerging it. It's great in crappy soil. Falses less than other brands I've had. A great buy at $99.

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love'd my garret pro pointer II, and used it till I lost it a couple months back. In a pinch I bought a TRX because I couldnt get my hands on a Pro Pointer without having to order one, and that was going to set me back a couple days. Im utterly glad I bought this pinpointer! Its by far better than a Pro Pointer bar none.

Its super accurate detection straight from the tip and gets very good depth.

It re-tunes / ground balances very nicely with a simple touch of the button.

Lots of modes and settings.

Waterproof.

Anyone interested in buying one should look to a detector dealer thats local to them. A dealer can get you a good deal on one of these and you probably wont have to pay full retail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread