Whites surfmaster dual field machine weight

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi guys. Can someone please tell me how heavy is the dual field? I am torn at the minute between the dual field and the tesoro sandshark 10 inch coil, I have checked on the Whites website and can't seem to see the weight, so is it a brute with the control box under the arm cuff or best to hip Mount ECT? Anyone use it on the Nova Scotia cost of Canada? Thanks guys.

OP
OP
W

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Thank you Vic. Does it fell like your swinging 8 lbs or is it well balanced without Anderson shaft ECT.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum Wiganer! Good luck with your selection! Tt

OP
OP
W

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
OK guys I spoke to Mary at sweet home today and she told me the machine weight is 5.1 lbs and the shipping weight is 8.3 lbs. So on the strength of information I have read on here and elsewhere I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one. Let the fun begin.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Calling White's was a good idea! Congratulations on your purchase! And you'll have fun, fun, fun...and fun! Tt

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But who's counting! LOL :)

OP
OP
W

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
well wouldn't you believe it. My shiny new detector is here in all its glory and I have come down with the flu. Guess I will just be reading the manual this weekend.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pits! Get better soon! MXS standing by! Tt

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Congrats on your new Dual Field. I love the colour of the Whites. Just like the yellow of that beautiful gold

OP
OP
W

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Congrats on your new Dual Field. I love the colour of the Whites. Just like the yellow of that beautiful gold

I got to admit it one good looking machine, I kept looking at the sandshark and it just looks dated, I had a play with some luggage scales earlier today and I found that the coil and the shaft weigh 2.4 lbs, control box with batteries installed 2.1 lbs and headphones .5 lbs. I was thinking of hip mounting the control box but it already seems a little coil heavy, so removing the box from under the arm cuff would make the Ballance worse

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread