dealer shelf life of detectors

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've been planning on purchasing a new detector, and really gearing for the white's dfx. of course i had to save my money and i'm sure i'm making a good choice. my question is there are so many dealers out there, some small, some very large, how long do you think an unsold metal detector remains on the shelf waiting to be sold? do dealers switch out unsold machines for fresh ones? is the detector i'll be purchasing will have sat on the shelf for four or five years? or does it make a difference until it's finally turned on? if anyone knows let me know.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectors are not perishable like food items. Nothing happens to them sitting on a shelf except the box might get dusty. New models will have a different name. If you did happen to buy a major brand detector and an upgrade to the thing was made, you can contact the manufacturer.

KeystoneKid

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2007
I'm still up in the air about which of the Whites detectors I want to buy but as far as worrying about whether their old and out dated you can be sure your getting Whites newest models just by purchasing one of the models that falls under their Summer Sale special. From July until September 15 if you purchase a DFX the box will also include $274.00 worth of accessories, the XLT & MXT $124.85 and the M-6 $74.90. So if you get the DFX the box will also have a free set of headphones a nice padded carrying bag and the Bullseye-2 along with a DVD and books, just make sure the dealer has the boxes in stock the have the free accessories pack with in them. I had a couple of White Dealers try to sell me their old stock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread