digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this on another forum: Not sure if it applies to your DFX, but does have some info:

"Your coil will not work on the newer detectors. The DFX, MXT, and M6 use a different BigFoot. The Prizm models use a BigFoot designed just for them. The Vision or V3 can use the same BigFoot as the DFX, MXT & M6 but it acts a little different. I've been using BigFoots since 1990 and have never found a better all around coil for for shear volume of newer coins detected per hour. Like you said, they are great on the beaches also. The ground coverage and target seperation is outstanding! They don't get much depth so they aren't that great on older coins but any large open areas like soccer, and football fields or beaches are prime areas for the BigFoot. They stopped making them when the owner died. Jimmy Sierra was having them reverse engineered and they were producing a few of the DFX model coil but I've noticed that Jimmy doesn't have them on his web site any longer so maybe they've stopped again. There is a high demand for the BigFoot because they are such a great coil and getting harder to come by. My best day with a BigFoot was 376 coins but my buddy had a day with over 500 coins from a park in Orange County, CA. I was there to witness the feat. My 376 day darn near killed me, and I was 20 years younger than I am now.."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread