Mx Sport modifactions?

Grimm_Digger

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning everyone, just got offered a once in a lifetime deal on a used mx sport, it was well taken care of it was just accidentally dropped and the batter box broke apart, I'm thinking about fabricating a box like the mxt has on it (aluminum) and was wondering if this has been done before or something similar? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure you could do it. I mean, if you're just looking to get basic function back out of it and not waterproof it and it's cheap enough you should be able to buy a box and battery holder(s) at radio shack that would house the power source. You'd basically have an MX7 on your hands. It's still a deep and fast machine. As long as you're powering it with 8 AAs or a Whites power pack you're good.

OP
OP
Grimm_Digger

Grimm_Digger

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been able to find a place to purchase a replacement battery box so I figured I would make one.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a minute. I thought that thing was supposed to be rugged and durable. Whites put out a video showing them throwing it around and dropping it on concrete. How come yours broke? I would be contacting Whites if it was me. Call them on it. Check YouTube, and you'll find that video.

OP
OP
Grimm_Digger

Grimm_Digger

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things might be rugged and durable but not indestructible. Lol. It happens.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's doesn't charge much for repairs, you could contact them to get a price for a fix. I like the metal control box types like my MXT but still I'm careful with it and I'll take the hit while holding the detector up if I trip and fall. I like my MXT so much I would rather break me than my detector, but I like the metal control box types they are built like a tank for detecting in the thick deep wooded areas. I hope they keep making the metal control box types instead of going with the cheap plastic ones. HH

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:violent1:Just call White's already!!! This is an awesome machine. If you are already getting a killer deal on it, why not get it repaired correctly? Then you have a land and water machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions