GMT or coil fault

Apr 10, 2018
Aotearoa
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, Minelab Extreme, Teknetics G2, Garrett PP, Whites PP, Whites Goldmaster GMT, Falcon MD20 PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious to know if anyone has experienced a gain/overload issue in the past and what may be the underlying fault. Issue I has is with a 4x6 DD Shooter coil which overloads at anything over '3' on the gain (irrespective of location) and also seems non-responsive when the auto-balance is selected. I have tried the stock-standard Goldmaster DD coil and it max's out at anything over '7' but at least does auto-balance. I have emailed White's support but no response to date. would be interested in any suggested remedy or similar experiences.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
While you are waiting for a member reply - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard TheGoodKnightKiwi! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (if necessary)...

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would say your GMT has a fault. The only other thing that's possible is the EMT (stray electrical fields) are really bad where you're located, and that's causing the overload. I'd also look at the socket where the coil plugs into the detector and be sure none of the pins are bent, or missing.
Jim

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had an overload issue with my MXT and was a bad coil, it started out at a higher gain overload but got worse and would overload at a lower gain setting over a short time. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread