new guy with new to me 6000 di ser 3

hank mcmauser

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2008
west treasure valley idaho
Detector(s) used
white's 6000 DI ser 3
Hello all here I just found my first machine,the guy I got it from said it was only about5 yrs oldit came with the soft case(blue vinyl)and he downloaded and printed the manual off whites website (he couldn't find the original).it appears to have been never used or used very little.I traded a rifle that worth about $175-200 for it,I searched e-bay for one like to get an idea of it's value before I made the deal and one had sold for $240 ish in december so I think I did o.k. what you think?
Also I am looking for a machine for my Dad to use,he'll be 75 this summer.found a 4000d on ebay I'm keeping my eye on for him he doesn't want to spend much more than $75 and doesn't mind an older machine.He's much like me and finds the more manual type stuff more to his liking,than digital computerized stuff.
If any of you have any suggestions for me or him I would love to hear and I'm all ears

Hank

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The 6000 Di Series 3 is a very good detector. I have used one since 85 in all kinds of locations and have had good luck. Searching for gold in Colorado, coins on the Florida beaches, Civil War relics, it can do it all. I am with you on that I like the analog meter better then the new digital readouts. I used a new T-2 a few months back and was totally confused by the constant droning of info on the meter. The 4000 is a good maching and by paying attention to where the meter pegs at you can tell what you have found without the coin meter so your dad can have fun too. Both machines can find targets up to depths of 4-6 inches.

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello Hank and Mo: I am with Mo I feel the same with these little jewels of machines. I bought my 5000s2 in 1982 and hes a pile of blessings for the past 26 years or so.If I would have been a little more patient I would have had the 6000s2 as well,just needed to sell a box or 2 more of fund rasing chocolates to get extra cash to complete the remaining cash power to buy her.Never the less he has honer and continues to give his master joys upon no end.That is why I winded up with 5 units in my power.I wanted to suggest to mister Kenneth Whites to bring back the coinmaster analog models make a change to make them in lighter small control boxes just like the my DFX,and call them junior line example the 5000 s2 Jr. that way we can have back our loyal ones and eliminate the heavy weight on these big control boxes.I have a hipmount on mine for this reason,well folks if you want to keep in contact with me just pm me and let's talk about our adventures if you like.Your pal "Lizard Prince" Ralph :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread