Movin to Northern Wisconsin...Need some info?

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Looks like in the next few months I'll be pullin up stakes here in southern Michigan and moving to the great state of Wisconsin! I will be living near the city of Superior and would like to know what kind of detecting I should expect there? Here I do mostly coin shooting and find tons of coins back to early 1800's. I guess that far north that I won't be finding coinage that old :( So any info on what I should be expecting would be great. Thanks for the help!

HH
Slipperyjack47

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Jack;

I think mid-1800's is pretty much what you can expect up in the Superior region. Take a look at Rootsweb.com and poke into some of the local history for that part of the state. You might also find some info on the UW library websites. That should give you some idea as to the age / history of the area and you might even be able to find some old plat maps and the like..........

Welcome to God's Country !

Diggem'

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack

Look up the Trash, Treasure, & Artifacts Club in Hayward. They might be able to give you some pointers.

Kenny
President Three Seasons Treasure Hunters Club
Chippewa Falls, WI.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 350
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 344

A. Grignon

Oct 9, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT & Whites Beachhunter
Lots of fur trade activity in the superior area dating back well into the 1700's. Good luck!

drewan

Feb 16, 2009
I grew up in Superior and now living in michigan I miss it there bad
The one place that i would detect hard is The point I can give you directions if you want.
That place is big for party's and swimming.
The last time that I was there alot of the old schools my jr high included were torn down and built on so that would be hard to detect
billings park is another good place to check into my buddies and I would go there to fish and play baseball and alot of people would have picnics there also including company picnics. Patterson park you will have to talk to a park ranger about a permitte.
I also know that the old train station on Ogden ave is very old they used it to film Iron will that was pretty neat. when we moved out to foxboro they would get B reel for the movie out there. Just watch were you hunt some parts of Superior aren't the nicest places to hunt The North End is a bad place for sure gangs and dead beats.
There is another little park in East end it is called central park my aunt and uncle live a couple blocks away it is pretty good size.
just thought that I would give you a couple leads HH-drewan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread