Digging without a probe
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Feb 2009
    Long Beach CA.
    $49.99 Radio Shack

Digging without a probe

Everyone should have a probe!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	293150  
    This is gold, Mr. Bond. All my life I've admired its color, its brilliance, its divine heaviness. I welcome any enterprise that will increase my stock... which is considerable.
    Auric Goldfinger

us
    Jun 2008
    Lake Country WI.
    MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
    224 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Digging without a probe

I stopped in at a state park and asked about there policy on using my metal detector.
    The lady at the guard shack said I could run it but can not dig?
    I asked about using a small probe to pluck it out and she said that should be OK.
    I need to bone up on using a probe to recover my goodies.

May 2005
    96 times

Re: Digging without a probe

I use a Centech pinpoint probe (about $20) & I probe for the coin with a screwdriver, then just move the screwdriver a fraction of an inch & pry up. Usually pretty hard to see where I've been

Hope the state park won't give you any trouble. Whether it's OK seems to depend on who you talk to. Another person that works there might still ask you to leave, but if you're neat & tell them you got permission, they probably wouldn't do anything worse than ask you to leave.

I remember back in the late '70s WI state park ranger told someone they could detect, but to show their finds in case anything rare & historical was found. The ranger demanded that they hand over even the memorial cents. Good luck & HH, George (MN) (30 mi W of Prescott).

Sponsored Links