Central Wisconsin --- Looking for a hunting buddy

bsklang

May 6, 2009
Good morning,

I have been reading this site for years and detecting since 1997. I have never posted before. Last year a good friend and mentor (the gentleman who started me in this hobby) passed away of cancer. Since then I have been out a few times alone or with my wife (who has limited interest in searching for anything old too long). I have have done most types of detecting and enjoy searching older sites coin shooting. If anyone is interested in hunting in or around central Wisconsin let me know.

Bsklang

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No takers

In IL ...... sorry

You would think that someone would have responded by now......

Nice way to be treated on your first post...... :( :( :(

Sorry to hear this...

Go out and find some old farm houses and ask permission.
I know I would if I was in central WI

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would but i cant drive out that far, money reasoning.......if u were in SE Wi thatd work =P

OP
OP
B

bsklang

May 6, 2009
Well locations are not the problem...I have permission to hunt several old farms and cranberry marshes. I have done well at most of these over the years. I have found a few old parks that I tried breifly with my wife. One turned up 3 seated dimes 1876 - CC, 1868, and 1887. I thought this park might have been an old homestead but later found it on an 1895 plat map and it was a park way back then. So I have plenty to keep my busy...just wish there was someone who enjoyed spending hours looking for 1 or 2 oldies. There seem to be alot of people in this area, but most seem to fight over the $.25 clad coins in each school yard or water detect.

Thanks for the replies.

panelman

Mar 2, 2008
Northern WI.
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV / Garrett GTI 2500
Hi BSklang
Iv'e been so busy at work that I haven't had much chance to see whats up with my Wi. friends. I am a metal detecting freak!!
I would spend 60-70 hours a week at it if I could and always enjoy having a hunting partner. I live up by Antigo and work in Wausau.
I often go out after work and if thats not to far for you maybe we can get together. If the logistics can work for you, send me a note and we'll work it out.
Panelman

JIMMY555

Apr 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
SOV. GT
Hi Would love to detect with you have off next 2 weeks and need to find some other place to hunt besides our hunted out parks. Would be fun to travel for a day and try something new. Please let me know if that is OK. Thanks Harold

Old Relic

Oct 21, 2005
North Prairie, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 Minelab Advantage Tesoro Eldorado µMAX Tesoro Silver µMAX
I'm in SE WI, but I'm usually up for a road trip; where in central WI are you?

Relic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions