Cant stop.

sapper

Jun 7, 2013
I go MD everyday. Everyday. Few hours here. Go home eat, go back out. I can't stop. Won't stop. Its absorbing my life. I have a fisher cz 3D, lots of good leads in central wi. Some favs, some I have not tried yet. Some free game, some permission needed, some only can be accomplished through clandestine operations.

I haven't found anything earlier than 1900 in wi. 1900 barber dime is my bottom coin. LOTS of wheats. Few mercs, buff nickels and some Rosie's. Is it the soil strata here that keeps me from breaking past the 20th century? Maybe i need a 10.5 for my stick.

I need a good spot where I can possibly bust a V nickel out of the ground. I'm willing to travel, myself and my band of merry men love research. I don't go off of treasure tales, factual based leads only. I really have no point in writing this post. Just wanted to post one for the first time ;) if you live near central wi, have a decent amount of free time, and share a dangerous unhealthy and almost criminal passion for discovering what's in the ground beneath our feet, and are willing to collaborate with a few of the most keen minds in the game, get at me. Thanks for reading my pointless post....

"If you've come looking for a fair fight, you've already lost."

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
You will now constantly think about finding your next treasure sapper!
killingme.gif

OP
OP
sapper

sapper

Jun 7, 2013
Thanks. I agree it is almost like a nightmare. I do have dreams of it and whenever its quite i can hear the coin tone on my stick ringing as i short sweep it ....Been fairly successful this week. LOTS of clad, 11 wheats, a 36 merc, and a 43 p war nickel. Plus a sweet zippo and some other random artifacts. I have a good spot in southwestish wi that I cab go where I'm pretty much guaranteed to find at least one piece of silver. The site is so large I'll never be able to completely clear it. I'm returning to the duldrum parks of central wi tomorrow... :(

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, it's an addiction fir sure. Nice name by the way! HH

OP
OP
sapper

sapper

Jun 7, 2013
Thanx. Fellow 12B?

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roger! Essayons lead the way! :)

OP
OP
sapper

sapper

Jun 7, 2013
Essayons brother! My crew of fellow MDers are all 12Bs as well. There's 5 of us. Same company.

OP
OP
sapper

sapper

Jun 7, 2013
Coin shooting in Afghanistan. Jk. Mine shooting... not as fun... lol

ForumRunner_20130702_214138.png

OP
OP
sapper

sapper

Jun 7, 2013
Yep. 14 years. Making a run for 20. 428th engineers here. Essayons!

BSAChris

Oct 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I know about Essayons is it means "lets try!" Which is a great motto to have.
How "central" are you Sapper? I am in Central Wisconsin too, and just starting out. Great time to start in Wisconsin - right before the ground freezes! I'll have nightmares all winter long.

OP
OP
sapper

sapper

Jun 7, 2013
Stevens Point man. I usually pick around at local parks and areas of interest for an hour or so after work. Places around here are picked clean for the most part. However I did stumble upon a 1916 barber quarter this year in a well known park. I dunno how anyone missed it but it just goes to show what a little time and dedication can get you. Its tough pickens and I haven't been overly successful with finding silver lately. But I do have a spot that's minimally accessible and hardly legal that I pulled 27 mercs 8 roseys and 6 Washingtons at this summer and I barely scratched the surface. Haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread