Where are you ??

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
you have that right cannonman, plan on finding a little my self this summer, actually that is my biggest goal , a spear point, second is a little gold nugget, then a coin in the 1800, to go along with all my rusty relics, i found a little piece of hammered flat copper about 1" dia, but not good enough

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
If you found one piece of hammered copper then you know you're in the right area... I would slowly expand my search from where ever you found that one piece.. Hope you find some more! I'm going to be going after some this summer too! Some trade erra stuff also I hope-

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
whites v3i ,mxt pro, idx pro garretts pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
from up fall creek way thats east of eau claire

monk e

Mar 11, 2008
Lakewood Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's MXT XLT
hey cannonman, just wondering what kind of copper artifacts i could find and what areas i need to check out.

...if you're so inclined to share.

thanks

e

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
What kind you could find is unlimited- awls, spears, various types of knives, gorgets, beads, ingots, axes, spuds, the list goes on and on and on. Where to look? Well.... can't give the secrets away! Just kidding, I would start off by looking around any natural body of water. Talk around a bit, see if you run into anybody who has accidentally come across a piece.. or just start with that spot you found the one piece at. Along old creeks in the middle of nowhere is where I and my friend have found many/most.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
a guy i know of seems to find a lot of awls, and another found a spear point at a park, i spent some time in the river, last summer, nothing but iron trash from the RR bridge and sinkers

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Do you know where the guy found a lot of awls? I would hit that area as it seems there are always more to be found. Go slow, over lap your swings heavily to get the deep pieces (like the copper often is) and keep trying... find a natural lake and some high ground around it - if it doesn't have houses all over it, and hit that... sometimes just trying random hills around lakes can turn into monster copper sites.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
Cannonman I'm at the Menominee river and lake Michigan, i work with this guys buddy, he mentioned and old park, Ive hunted a little, super trashy, but officially 100 years last year, and found out over the winter, about 155 years in use, will spend some time here. i know he hunted around the cemetery, and been kicked out several time with a warning next time the police will be called. this is right next to Indian burial grounds, and old Indian battle grounds, Ojibwa and Menominee Indians over sturgeon fishing, i wont do burial grounds, pretty confident i will hit some copper this summer

panelman

Mar 2, 2008
Northern WI.
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV / Garrett GTI 2500
Hey all you Cheese Head MDingers, I'm up here by Antigo!
Everyone Knows where Antigo is. Quick story, i was in Cancun once talking to some people from Florida, the gals uncle lived in Milwaukee and married a gal from "up by Antigo". Who's close by me, where's the nearest club. The nearest thing I've seen so far is Stevens Point. Wait'en for the SNOW to GO !!!!!!!!!!

Panelman

RSGrayWolf

May 3, 2008
Glenbeulah, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Glenbeulah, Wisconsin I am 20 min east of Fond du lac and 20 west of Sheboygan I have just bought my first MD last week I'm going to try my yard a doctor built my house in 1928 so far I found all newer coins nothing older then the 70's

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greenfield.....but my family owns a nice 130 year old farm as soon as i get a detector i will be all over

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Farms are hard to detect- lots and lots of junk in the ground. You may have to go over the yard several times digging all the signals to get the junk out of the way before you find any good old stuff. They are fantastic if you have the time to work them over right but they are a nightmare for a one day hunt... farms and bars... my least favorite places to hunt I think.

geodawn

Mar 24, 2007
Fort Atkinson, WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Fort Atkinson. I don't know the area very well as I'm originally from SC. I'm up for any weekend hunting in the area.

-George

jkevin

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2004
a couple of you sent an email from reedsburg and i accidently deleted all of my emails please send again and hope we can get out soon
kevin

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prairie du Sac, Sauk County.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread