Activity seems sparse in the Wyoming forum LOL.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana is no better. I asked the local White's dealer if there were any clubs in the immediate area, but he said that it was pretty much a selfish '' I don't care to share my leads with anybody else'' attitude.

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wyoming and the west seem like that. I was born and raised here, and I have that attitude to a certain extent.

That said, folks are always welcome to come hunting with me. Secret spot or not.

All I need is a blood oath to never share the location LOL.

WM

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you done any detecting in the park near the campus?

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you done any detecting in the park near the campus?

I never have. I'm curious which one you are specifically talking about. There are 3 directly around it. Probably the most well known is Mike Cedar which has a pool, BMX track, and putt putt golf.

WM

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I believe that' the one. I'm not sure, but isn't that the one with baseball diamond? That would be a good place to check out. The last time I was down there they were doing a lot of reconstruction in the old part of town. A lot of old sidewalks being torn up.

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Downtown is going through some major renovations. It is all turn of the century area, so some MDing during the dirt work may be a great idea. I never really thought about it.

WM

Scott in WY

Jan 4, 2013
Worland
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wyomedic
Howdy,
I'm in Worland, and looking for like minded souls to do some hunting with.

Scott

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Scott, nice to meet you.

I make it through Worland quite often for work. I get stuck in Thermop on what seems like a monthly basis (I spent last Friday up there in fact).

Do you ever make it to Casper?

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wyomedic
Howdy,
I'm in Worland, and looking for like minded souls to do some hunting with.

Scott

Hey Scott, I have a friend (Mark) down there in Worland, He owns ''Wildlife Creations''. It's the taxidermy shop that's just west of the railroad tracks. There is a lot of history down around your area. Don't forget the ''Hole in the Wall'' area that is just south of the Bighorns. There are a couple ghost towns on top of the Bighorns east of Lovell. I have some more info if I can help.

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Digger,

I have been looking for an old logging camp somewhere on Crazy Woman creek, active around 1930ish. I am friends with an old feller who used to work there as a child. He has been looking and now that I have been hearing his stories, so have I.

You have any maps from around that time? I spend a lot of time in the Bighorns and know that a number of settlements have been lost to the ages.

WM

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I do not have any old maps of the area, but if find any I would be willing to help you out. You might want to check out the public libirary there in Worland, or over the hill in Bison. Has your friend made mention of the ''old'' spanish gold mine somewhere in the vicinity around Crazy Woman Creek.

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I have heard it from him and a number of other people. I do the radios for the forest service and am friends with a number of the federal law enforcement guys. They have a number of good stories to talk about. Most of the rangers believe they have narrowed it down to a few mile stretch of creek. I have not spent enough time up there to really know the land ownership however.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, are they thinking that it's on private land or forest service land?

Scott in WY

Jan 4, 2013
Worland
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, sounds like a expedition in the making...

I have only been here about a year ( moved from Alaska).
I will be hitting the library pretty hard in the next few months, I also will be hitting the museum, so I may get some access to the documents there. When we bought our house in Sept, we got the original "abstract of title" it has a bunch of info in it about the start of Worland. House built 1917. The wife took it to the museum to ask about it and the curator was interested it copying it due to the fact that most have been thrown away and there is good info there.

Old Digger
Definitely interested in the "towns", there a few south of Worland that I will be checking out as soon as it warms up

I have not been to Casper yet, But I need to get my scuba tanks down there in the next few weeks for inspection and fill.

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, are they thinking that it's on private land or forest service land?

Most of the area is public. I'm not sure if it is forest service or BLM.

WM

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, sounds like a expedition in the making...

I have only been here about a year ( moved from Alaska).
I will be hitting the library pretty hard in the next few months, I also will be hitting the museum, so I may get some access to the documents there. When we bought our house in Sept, we got the original "abstract of title" it has a bunch of info in it about the start of Worland. House built 1917. The wife took it to the museum to ask about it and the curator was interested it copying it due to the fact that most have been thrown away and there is good info there.

Old Digger
Definitely interested in the "towns", there a few south of Worland that I will be checking out as soon as it warms up

I have not been to Casper yet, But I need to get my scuba tanks down there in the next few weeks for inspection and fill.

WEll, welcome to Wyoming. I was born and raised here and have lived in pretty much every corner of the state.

You should have some good MDing opportunities up there. I work in public safety radio support and know most of the big wigs in the state's counties. Up there around Thermop, I think there are some good places we could get on and MD.

WM

Scott in WY

Jan 4, 2013
Worland
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be up for some trips around the state for some hunting. lets keep in touch and get out there.

OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay. Obviously we have a little time until we can get to the GREAT places, but there are some very good places here in Casper. I will let you know (and I guess everybody else who would want to tag along) when and where.

Until then, I will be looking around the parks in town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions