Hidden Cash in Lava Fields

Subgenius5150

Aug 3, 2006
Albuquerque New Mexico
Hi everyone!

since there was a previous x marks in new mexico i figured id throw somethin out there. Supposedly in the late 1800's a group of train robbers hid cache of $100000 somewhere in the Malpais lava beds southwest of Grants NM. Ive been trying to find somekind of hard evidence on the net but all that i have found is pretty much folk tales.. if anyone else thinks that they can find something on it please let me know what you find... it would be nice to find an adventure near home to go and check out :)

Attachments

• Malpais Lava Fields.kml
    566 bytes · Views: 388

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Be careful walking around out there. I know there are spots in those lava fields that look solid but might be only a quarter of an inch thick and if ya fall you will be one cut up, banged up , and maybe broken up individual. I personaly believe there is some buried gold there...When you find it, let uus know!
smiles
~Nashoba~

S

stefen

Step onto one of those thin skinned gas bubbles and you'd wish you were shot instead.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
All of those thin tops ...
They're pretty much all, been found by now!
After all of the people who have been out there, that have been looking for that Twin Engine airplane, from CA.
That went down in there.
AND!
That's a FACT!
It had a couple of 100ks :o worth of campaign money on board.
No one ever walked out :-\
And! No :-\ one has ever found the plane!

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dislike disagreeing with CptBil, since I know he is one of the few who really takes to the field on a consistent basis. I have a letter, story, something in my files that this plane was found along with the live pilot south of the lava beds. The pilot crash landed the plane, was hurt seriously, and restored to health by a local rancher.

The pilot retained the $100,000 without telling the rancher, but he did pay the rancher for his efforts in allowing him to stay on the ranch until he was healthy enough to leave. Supposedly he paid the rancher to also bury the plane in an arroyo on the ranch.

The pilot, it was reported, went to Denver, changed his name, and purchased a hotel with the money.

I thought that sometime I would go out that direction to try an find the ranch and any real facts that went with the story. I imagine that if someone could find out the year the plane went down, and by digging a little deeper, go to Denver to see if any hotels changed hands that year or the year after, and then try to get some history on that individual. But then again, it is more fun to dream about finding the plane and the money still in tact.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hey! Ecominer:
;) No Sweat ! ;)
I had heard about this,
But since I did not ACTUALLY! Check into the story, I didn't have proof of it one way or the other !
Being that way..
I didn't mention the "Finding" ?
AND!
As you say, even, you have a need for more information on the story yourself !!
Heck!
I have even heard that The Lost Adams, The Lost Dutchman & The Lost Pegleg , have all been FOUND! :D
But!
Don't take this as being True! ::)
Because, I haven't check in to any of these either!
SO!
I can't say for "Positive" if the story(s) are/is true!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions