Opinions Please: Strange Pattern on Ocean Floor - Caribbean

Siete_Plumas

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2011
Fortaleza
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i / Excal II
Hello everybody,

I am preparing for a trip to Isla La Tortuga (Venezuela) - and while playing around with Google Earth I came across this strange pattern on or under the surface of the sea. I do not know whether this is a physical object or whether I am actually seeing something that might be an image anomaly of some sorts. It looks as if it has been imprinted on the image (almost like a watermark of some sorts).

I am stumped. Any ideas?
Thank you!

PS If it turns out to be the next major discovery - then I hereby stake my claim :hello2:

Attachments

• Unknown.kml
    1.6 KB · Views: 383

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean kind of like an outline of a building or perimeter that you are talking about? Looking at the coral underneath the water and seeing the outline of what looks could be a building covering part of it like it is built on the coral.

Pretty strange. Good luck!

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The straight lines in that object do not appear to be corral to me...very strange. If it is not an software artifact you may have yourself a winner there! :headbang:

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
OP
OP
Siete_Plumas

Siete_Plumas

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2011
Fortaleza
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i / Excal II
Sheldon J said:
I can't download the file, my computer says unknown file type, so my guess is the field that divers have been looking at for years, this underwater mystery has baffled archaeologist for a very long time, these lines that look like big blocks could be old structures that went under water Melina ago...

Thanks to everyone for their responses.
Sheldon, the file can be opened if you have Google Earth installed on your computer.

The structure (if that is what it is) seems to measure apprx 175M long and 65M wide. It lies apprx 85M offshore.
It's intriguing if nothing else :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions