Buried Treasure Site. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Buried Treasure Site.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    4748 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Sorry, meant to type "coinshooting books for sale."
    XtreasureX likes this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1952 times
    Quote Originally Posted by XtreasureX View Post
    Bill. I live in rural Mexico for 8 years. About 100 miles south of the Az border. Speak Spanish daily. Drive on dirt roads regularly. The cops do search me. I understand the cultural difference between Mexicans and Americans, which make a difference when communicating. I feel as though I have a unique perspective on the “border”. I am fully involved with the gambusinos and the gold market. Fortunately I haven’t been robbed.
    . . . . .
    I do not doubt that your perspective is unique, and we can both agree that you are not a gringo with a detector going to find treasure in Mexico.
    What you, or I for that matter, describe about Mexico has little relation to that which a gringo can experience w/o having a feel for what is going on.
    I very much like Mexico, but I don't go to bars or resorts; which just means I recommend prudence 'till one knows how to fly.
    XtreasureX and Honest Samuel like this.

Mar 2015
    64 times
    Bill. Thanks for understanding my situation. It only took me about 8 years of buying beer for the gambusinos to become THEIR “gringo tesorero”. I agree with you that prudence is the productive side of fear. The OP didn’t have the patience to exploit this. I still feel that the question is valid, why didn’t he ask for permission? Why do the other posters say that the treasure wouldn’t make it across the border? They have expressed no basis for this opinion. This happens in a surprising number of Mexico threads. It needs to be addressed as it is inaccurate. I’ve already spoken to my pistoleros and we will head to Chihuahua to see what we can find. It won’t be until September or later when this heat settles down. Thanks again for listening and understanding. I like to explain a major cultural difference of Americans and Mexicans by using this simple analogy; “Americans have the best watches, but the Mexicans have all the time”.
    BillA and KANACKI like this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    3377 times
    Quote Originally Posted by XtreasureX View Post
    Iím confused, you went all the way there and didnít metal detect the place? Why would the locals kill you if you found a treasure? The other 3 guys were fluent in Spanish and yet were not willing to ask for permission?
    Because they want it. Mexico is not safe to treasure hunting or take vacations, trust me. The writer, Glenn Carson is correct.

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    2015 times
    It's kinda odd, XtreasuerX hasn't reported back from his adventure into Mexico...
    Honest Samuel likes this.

us
    Feb 2008
    ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
    Whites MXT-Fisher 2 box & others
    33 times
    Hey, I posted the treasure site for those that might have some connections to the area and might take a shot at it. For myself, I decided it was just not worth the risk. I have been treasure hunting most all my life. I know now
    that one should just let some treasures go for various reasons and move on. Once you get down in rural Mexico and look around, you will hopefully see what I mean about letting it go.
    I have several other treasure sites with lots of gold, but I let them go! Un-believable to some people! I am a risk taker...but I am very realistic about recovery odds. I call those sites monumental. They require a monumental effort and a
    substantial amount of risk and some times a very large amount of money to finance the operation for equipment etc.
    I am looking for a special team to put together a recovery operation now. It is for the US side of the border. But requires trespassing in a dangerous area. It requires hiking in for a long pack in and out with lots of weight.
    Lots of work digging without the use of any mechanical equipment and a risk of aerial spotting. It seems to me that these days of treasure hunting have changed a bit from the past. Now we have drones and Google Earth, but many more dangers.
    MCX and Honest Samuel like this.

Mar 2016
    3524 times
    Really...would the trespassing then turn into stealing?
    Honest Samuel likes this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    Feb 2008
    ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    Really...would the trespassing then turn into stealing?
    It is on Government Land. You can interpret it as stealing if you think so. I don't.

Mar 2016
    3524 times
    Quote Originally Posted by evans233 View Post
    It is on Government Land. You can interpret it as stealing if you think so. I don't.
    Well I could make an argument that it’s not possible to trespass on public lands.

However I don’t want to hijack the thread...

Deny Deny Deny is applicable to this situation.

All deniability goes out the window when you publicly solicit on the internet, what is broadly described as criminal trespass. I’ll pass (especially given your location).
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    Feb 2008
    ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    Well I could make an argument that itís not possible to trespass on public lands.

However I donít want to hijack the thread...

Deny Deny Deny is applicable to this situation.

All deniability goes out the window when you publicly solicit on the internet, what is broadly described as criminal trespass. Iíll pass (especially given your location).
    I was not publicly soliciting anything. No, you don't pass anyway.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    3377 times
    You are total confused my friend. Don't take our advice, ask a good lawyer if people have the right to go on public lands, towns, cities, states, federal government lands to search for and recover buried treasures or anything of value without written legal contracts. If successful in recover treasures, always pay your state and federal income taxes or off to jail you may go. I agree with Imaudigger great interesting comments.

us
    Feb 2008
    ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Samuel View Post
    You are total confused my friend. Don't take our advice, ask a good lawyer if people have the right to go on public lands, towns, cities, states, federal government lands to search for and recover buried treasures or anything of value without written legal contracts. If successful in recover treasures, always pay your state and federal income taxes or off to jail you may go. I agree with Imaudigger great interesting comments.

OH, Honest Abe...Oh I mean Honest Sam,
    You forgot about no metal detecting in National Forests, National Parks, State parks, School playgrounds and some beaches. Oh, and I believe you need a permit almost anywhere in Arizona. Thomas Jefferson warned
    that we must not let the Government get too big. Anyway, probably a ton of other places where it is against the law. But don't keep posting because you want the last word on this..... I realize that the two of you
    are hanging out on this forum to keep people informed about the law. You'all just keep reading all the posts around here and pass out that legal information to everyone. You run for Sheriff and I'll vote for you. There
    probably hundreds of others on TreasureNet who will also vote for you. You really do make great interesting comments! Keep up the good work.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    3377 times
    The best legal advice that you can receive is from a lawyer.

Mar 2015
    64 times
    Sam, I will ask again and point blank. How do you know that "they want it"? How do you know it is not safe? When was Glenn Carson last in Mexico? "Trust me" is hardly a reasonable response. I am responding from a current perspective in Mexico and yet you still disagree with me based on, what appears to be, an old book and your opinion. I addressed this in my previous post yet no one has been able to offer anything substantially valid. This type of rhetoric offers nothing to the recovery of the treasure. It merely clouds up already muddy water.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    3377 times
    I am wondering if you watch the nightly news. Many citizens are killed in that country. Many ranches workers are poor and stupid and willing to kill for any type of money, including treasures. In our country, people killed for other people's treasures. Then try to get treasures across the border. I do not know Glen. Most stories are not true, and those that are mostly been found. But, do not let me stop from you go to Mexico. Good hunting and good luck.
    LouMiller likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links