OP
evans233
Feb 8, 2008
ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-Fisher 2 box & others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I posted the treasure site for those that might have some connections to the area and might take a shot at it. For myself, I decided it was just not worth the risk. I have been treasure hunting most all my life. I know now
that one should just let some treasures go for various reasons and move on. Once you get down in rural Mexico and look around, you will hopefully see what I mean about letting it go.
I have several other treasure sites with lots of gold, but I let them go! Un-believable to some people! I am a risk taker...but I am very realistic about recovery odds. I call those sites monumental. They require a monumental effort and a
substantial amount of risk and some times a very large amount of money to finance the operation for equipment etc.
I am looking for a special team to put together a recovery operation now. It is for the US side of the border. But requires trespassing in a dangerous area. It requires hiking in for a long pack in and out with lots of weight.
Lots of work digging without the use of any mechanical equipment and a risk of aerial spotting. It seems to me that these days of treasure hunting have changed a bit from the past. Now we have drones and Google Earth, but many more dangers.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really...would the trespassing then turn into stealing?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is on Government Land. You can interpret it as stealing if you think so. I don't.

Well I could make an argument that it’s not possible to trespass on public lands.

However I don’t want to hijack the thread...

Deny Deny Deny is applicable to this situation.

All deniability goes out the window when you publicly solicit on the internet, what is broadly described as criminal trespass. I’ll pass (especially given your location).

OP
OP
evans233
Feb 8, 2008
ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I could make an argument that it’s not possible to trespass on public lands.

However I don’t want to hijack the thread...

Deny Deny Deny is applicable to this situation.

All deniability goes out the window when you publicly solicit on the internet, what is broadly described as criminal trespass. I’ll pass (especially given your location).

I was not publicly soliciting anything. No, you don't pass anyway.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are total confused my friend. Don't take our advice, ask a good lawyer if people have the right to go on public lands, towns, cities, states, federal government lands to search for and recover buried treasures or anything of value without written legal contracts. If successful in recover treasures, always pay your state and federal income taxes or off to jail you may go. I agree with Imaudigger great interesting comments.

OP
OP
evans233
Feb 8, 2008
ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are total confused my friend. Don't take our advice, ask a good lawyer if people have the right to go on public lands, towns, cities, states, federal government lands to search for and recover buried treasures or anything of value without written legal contracts. If successful in recover treasures, always pay your state and federal income taxes or off to jail you may go. I agree with Imaudigger great interesting comments.

OH, Honest Abe...Oh I mean Honest Sam,
You forgot about no metal detecting in National Forests, National Parks, State parks, School playgrounds and some beaches. Oh, and I believe you need a permit almost anywhere in Arizona. Thomas Jefferson warned
that we must not let the Government get too big. Anyway, probably a ton of other places where it is against the law. But don't keep posting because you want the last word on this..... I realize that the two of you
are hanging out on this forum to keep people informed about the law. You'all just keep reading all the posts around here and pass out that legal information to everyone. You run for Sheriff and I'll vote for you. There
probably hundreds of others on TreasureNet who will also vote for you. You really do make great interesting comments! Keep up the good work.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sam, I will ask again and point blank. How do you know that "they want it"? How do you know it is not safe? When was Glenn Carson last in Mexico? "Trust me" is hardly a reasonable response. I am responding from a current perspective in Mexico and yet you still disagree with me based on, what appears to be, an old book and your opinion. I addressed this in my previous post yet no one has been able to offer anything substantially valid. This type of rhetoric offers nothing to the recovery of the treasure. It merely clouds up already muddy water.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering if you watch the nightly news. Many citizens are killed in that country. Many ranches workers are poor and stupid and willing to kill for any type of money, including treasures. In our country, people killed for other people's treasures. Then try to get treasures across the border. I do not know Glen. Most stories are not true, and those that are mostly been found. But, do not let me stop from you go to Mexico. Good hunting and good luck.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sam. If you formulate your opinion of a well written treasure lead, that evans223 was kind enough to give us, on a 40 year old book and the nightly news you probably couldn't find coins in your couch cushions.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been finding coins and jewel since 1964, many years before many people started using metal detectors on beaches and on land. I never read or heard of the book that you mention. As far as nighly news, they do talk about people on vacatation killed in Mexico. Go on your own risk.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sam, I will ask again and point blank. How do you know that "they want it"? How do you know it is not safe? When was Glenn Carson last in Mexico? "Trust me" is hardly a reasonable response. I am responding from a current perspective in Mexico and yet you still disagree with me based on, what appears to be, an old book and your opinion. I addressed this in my previous post yet no one has been able to offer anything substantially valid. This type of rhetoric offers nothing to the recovery of the treasure. It merely clouds up already muddy water.
Re-read # 21.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Hi.

I'll contribute my "would".........
If there is any Big Game in that wide area,show up as a Hunter/with Guide...Flash some Kill Shot photos to show your Prowess.And get permission to "Roam".... pack a Drone,and get in fairly close,enough to use the Drone.It sounds as though it's remote enough,that you would be OBSERVED by the Locals,only on GOING into the area and COMING out of the area..Find the Hot area with the Drone.A small leased Helicopter from Stateside,(they'll just think your the Cartel,landing for a Pee Break)a Month after leaving....Night landing,next Night Pickup.That's the Ticket.
stoneshirt.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Lots of Fun at a Party.

"You are total confused my friend. Don't take our advice, ask a good lawyer if people have the right to go on public lands, towns, cities, states, federal government lands to search for and recover buried treasures or anything of value without written legal contracts. If successful in recover treasures, always pay your state and federal income taxes or off to jail you may go."

S.

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Age is a factor in risk taking ...Treasure Hunting is a dangerous hobby.... add in a foreign country.... its almost got me killed ....People every day killed for less then $20 i lost count 35 years ago ...... People see lots of gold good luck in keeping your treasure .... Thumbs up to Samuel

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest Samuel, obey our rules or lose your ability to post. You are insulting a member who hasn't replied in 6 months.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just defending myself which I am entitle to. # 31 & # 36 are harassing and insultine me and they should be given time off. # 38 is a great interesting member who enjoy me defending myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread