dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Central Luzon, Philippines
Detector(s) used
Blood, sweat and tears of my nation's forebears
Re: 2007 EXPEDITION: YAMASH-I-T-A ( Japanese) TREASURE

jeff of pa said:
slider said:
hello po mga Pilipinong treasure hunters!kay sir Gary hello po.
ako po ay baguhang hunter dito sa benguet province, nais ko po sanang humingi ng anumang tulong-impormasyon tungkol sa mga gintomg binaon dito sa amin. kahit anumang storya tungkol sa mga treasure sites na pwede ko pong puntahan. Ako po ay nag re reserch din sa mga storya ng mga positibong sites dito sa amin pero nais ko din pong humingi ng inyong mga impormasyon. Garrett master hunter CX with depth multiplier lang po ang gamit ko.
salamat po,
slide

English within 24 hours or deletion.

English translation of Slide's post, with the permission of Slide:

Hello to all Filipino treasure hunters! To sir Gary hello too.
I am a newbie here in benguet province and I would like to seek whatever information you can provide about gold buried here. Any story about them regarding treasure sites that I can go to? I am still researching about stories on positive sites here and I would like to seek any information. I am using garrett master hunter cx with depth multiplier.
Thanks sir.
slide

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used

A field guide to determine origin of pottery shards found in your sites:

From left to right:

1. Chinese ceramic soup spoon - note the rough blue paint on white ceramic; probably Ming or Sung dynasty or even later
2. Danish ceramic - note the delicate blue paint; the ceramic is thinner and more delicate-looking than the chinese-made ceramic
3. Glazed clay earthenware - Filipino-made cooked rice container; late 19th to 20th century
4. Japanese ceramic ware - note the glazed (gold-colored) inside of this delicate-looking tea cup. The Japanese felt superior that's why all areas of the cup that touches their lips have to be glazed, even in gold. Colors for Japanese pottery will come in different colors, rarely in white.

Any one else want to share info.

Attachments

• POTTERY SHARDS.JPG
    POTTERY SHARDS.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 808

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dred747 said:
jeff of pa said:
slider said:
hello po mga Pilipinong treasure hunters!kay sir Gary hello po.
ako po ay baguhang hunter dito sa benguet province, nais ko po sanang humingi ng anumang tulong-impormasyon tungkol sa mga gintomg binaon dito sa amin. kahit anumang storya tungkol sa mga treasure sites na pwede ko pong puntahan. Ako po ay nag re reserch din sa mga storya ng mga positibong sites dito sa amin pero nais ko din pong humingi ng inyong mga impormasyon. Garrett master hunter CX with depth multiplier lang po ang gamit ko.
salamat po,
slide

English within 24 hours or deletion.

English translation of Slide's post, with the permission of Slide:

Hello to all Filipino treasure hunters! To sir Gary hello too.
I am a newbie here in benguet province and I would like to seek whatever information you can provide about gold buried here. Any story about them regarding treasure sites that I can go to? I am still researching about stories on positive sites here and I would like to seek any information. I am using garrett master hunter cx with depth multiplier.
Thanks sir.
slide

Thank you Very Much dred747 It is very Important to Know
The Posts here are on subject and Readable by All Members.

JEFF

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used

Let me re-phrase this:

TO ALL PINOY THUNTERS:

Does anybody here have any experience or info about wells (balon, talaga)? Specifically have any of you guys ever encountered a clay pot (palayok), around 30" diameter at the bottom of a well? It's at the 21 ft level and dead center in the well. Adobe is used to line the well. My questions are:

1. What purpose will the palayok or clay pot possibly serve?
2. Is it possible that the Japanese used wells to deposit their treasure?

The debris one sees on top of the palayok is part of the well that fell over it. It's adobe. and some dirt.

Any input will be highly appreciated.

By the way, any of you guys discovered Japanese dogtags before? I have a friend looking for them. They're usually tied to the "sintureras" of the trousers of the Japanese soldiers. Its made of brass with 2 holes on them.

Thanks and safe hunting.

dred

Attachments

• PALAYOK 2.JPG
    PALAYOK 2.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 1,031

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used

SWR said:
dred747 said:
1. What purpose will the palayok or clay pot possibly serve?
2. Is it possible that the Japanese used wells to deposit their treasure?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

1) Judging by the debris on top of the clay pot, as well as on the left and right side, it appears someone was using the well as a garbage dump
2) Nothing documented as of yet

Thanks but no thanks. I addressed this query to Filipino THunters, who have actually done some digs, like Zobex, gboy, gary_v and the rest.

OP
OP
G

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

Dred747,

I assumed that the broken palayok or other debris is just garbage....
However based on my infos regarding "well treasure"

If you read my post 2 years ago...that our native assets lost est. 20 tons of gold to Gov. Lara men...
According to my partner Budz, the treasure was hidden in a tunnel..and the secret tunnel entrrance is inside an old SPANISH BRICK WELL..."tisang balon"....really unique looking well...a typical japs treasure marker, bcoz of its uniqueness.
When Budz confronts the 12 yr old son of the treasure holder...the boy confess that he is the only one who can enter the well bcoz of small underground entrance...and once inside stockpile of gold and precious stones....after a few months...his secret was discovered by Gov. Lara men and hoi treasure confiscated... whew....that could have been our treasure bcoz we have already convince the native treasure holder......but we lost to Gov. Lara men.

Thats why if your...water well looks ordinary...forget it...if it look very unique and had history of japs occupation...you have a good lead.
Thats why when most japs veterans come to a certain barrio...they sometimes ask the townfolks for a spanish brick well...with hidden underground entrance to treasure tunnel.

boylara

Jan 9, 2005

Visit the church of Iguig, Cagayan and you can find an old spanish well...

boylara

Jan 9, 2005

decipher

Attachments

• 1213582679_ecfa362c41.jpg
    1213582679_ecfa362c41.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 3,179
    91.4 KB · Views: 2,167
    91.4 KB · Views: 2,318

boylara

Jan 9, 2005

markings...review

Attachments

• corral.jpg
    corral.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 3,168
  • corral1.jpg
    corral1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 3,232
  • sapatos.jpg
    sapatos.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 4,174
  • pagong.jpg
    pagong.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 3,239

boylara

Jan 9, 2005

cave markings

Attachments

• cAve4.jpg
    cAve4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 2,033
  • cave3.jpg
    cave3.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,057
  • cave2.jpg
    cave2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,058
  • cave1.jpg
    cave1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2,094

boylara

Jan 9, 2005

eto pa

Attachments

• cav5.jpg
    cav5.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,019
  • cave6.jpg
    cave6.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,281
  • cave7.jpg
    cave7.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,028

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used

gboy said:
Thats why if your...water well looks ordinary...forget it...if it look very unique and had history of Japanese occupation...you have a good lead.
Thats why when most Japanese veterans come to a certain barrio...they sometimes ask the townfolks for a spanish brick well...with hidden underground entrance to treasure tunnel.

gboy,

Thanks for the info. The palayok is intact sitting at the bottom of the well and dead center of it. The well was constructed around the early 1930's.

Now, what I'm debating with myself is this:

1. Did wells constructed during that era always incorporate a clay pot at the bottom?
2. If so, to what purpose would it serve? These days ceramic is used in the filtration process of water but that's ceramic not clay pots of this sort.

If claypots were not the norm then, then this clay pot is what makes this specific well unique from all the rest - probably a marker. The owners can't recall their dad ever mentioning that there was a clay pot at the bottom of the well. They do remember not being able to use the well after the war. No reason was ever given.

Yes, there are debris on the sides of this clay pot as expected coz people would usually throw things into wells, right? We even recovered an unbroken 1957 Royal Tru Orange softdrink bottle.

And there was a regiment of Japanese soldiers stationed in the town where this well is. The local historian said that this regiment was under a Japanese colonel who spoke fluent German since they had him as their commencement speaker in grade school graduation and the German nuns translated everything he said. The whole regiment apparently perished when they got shipped to Leyte to face off with the Americans.

Below is a picture of a piece of ceramic found outside the wall of the well about 4 feet from the outside perimeter at about 20ft depth. Several ceramic shards have been found a few feet above this. Would anyone know if this is Chinese or Japanese? Any help will be highly appreciated.

God bless.

dred

Attachments

• CERAMIC OUTSIDE.JPG
    CERAMIC OUTSIDE.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,914
  • CERAMIC INSIDE.JPG
    CERAMIC INSIDE.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,895
OP
OP
G

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

Dred747,

It seems to me that you are so die hard or "bilib" with that water well...its normal...specially if your suspected well is yours or in your control. However, most treasure project failed bcoz they are sooo die hard and convinced that their site is positive, even its not. Meaning they usually overcome with their emotions and excitement....that even an ordinary debris in a well is considered treasure marker...big mistake.

One thing you should consider a treasure marker (ex: water well)....from a far distance your water well must be recognizably unique (such as brick well)...meaning the treasure marker must be on the outside...not on the inside of the well.

Ex: If a japanese veteran who buried the treasure in a well in a certain town....and his dying wish is to instruct his to go to Philippines to recover a treasure in that well...ex: town X

Scenario 1:
If the claypot is the treasure marker, Do you think the japs veteran will simply told his son to look for a clay pot in a water well in town X ? How the heck a japs son can find a clay pot on every water well in town X ? supposed there are 100 water wells in that town bcoz the whole town was occupied by the japs?
Besides its very difficult, try to find a clay pot in a water well in a foriegn country in which you are a stanger and doesn't know anybody?...put yourself w/ same situation on the japs veteran son...difficult isn't it?)

Scenario 2:
The japs veteran could simply instruct his son to look for unique brick well...in a town X....most likely the japs son can easily find it....right?

What I wanted to tell...the treasure marker must be outside the well or the unique brick well itself...that it is easily recognizable from afar, not a clay pot inside a well. Remember, one wrong treasure hunt operation...you may become bankrupt...

Of course, these are just my personal opinion. However, you may try geophysical/borehole survey...to be sure about your suspected water well.

OP
OP
G

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

Dred747,

oooops, i miss a word "son" in this sentence...

"Ex: If a japanese veteran who buried the treasure in a well in a certain town....and his dying wish is to instruct his to go to Philippines to recover a treasure in that well...ex: town X"

Ex: If a japanese veteran who buried the treasure in a well in a certain town....and his dying wish is to instruct his SON to go to Philippines to recover a treasure in that well...ex: town X

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used

gboy:

As always your input is highly appreciated. The long and the short of it is that it was he himself (Capt. Kobayashi) who came to the well and pointed it out in no uncertain terms.

I guess all wells might have its own uniqueness but there will be certain things that will make it stand out. The reason I posted this query is that of all the wells we've investigated, only two have showed a certain uniqueness that truly make it stand out.

One, is this well with the claypot and the other is the seven-sided well that Kobayashi also pointed out to us. Since he was an engineer he re-surveyed the area, searched for his landmarks, made calculations in his little notebook and pointed to us where to find these wells. It was that exact.

If indeed the clay pot at the bottom of a well was not part of the engineering design during those days, then the clay pot might itself be a marker. I have this notion that if one follows the markers and decipher the correct meaning of these markers then one will be led to the target with precision. And what makes this well doubly exciting is that in the map that Kobayashi left, this well is supposed to lead or one of the entrances to a series of tunnels he built in the town.

gboy my sincere thanks.

I leave you with the picture of the seven-sided well.

Attachments

• 7-SIDED WELL.JPG
    7-SIDED WELL.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,158

BADZ

Jun 12, 2005

dred747,
Let me tell you a story about wells:
Way back in the late 70's, I frequent the church of Iguig (in Cagayan Provine) because the parish priest at that time was a close friend. Whenever I pass the town proper, I usually dropped by the convent for a cup of coffee. One time, I noticed a large chain (blackish in color) at the door step of the convent. For curiousity, I asked my priest friend where he got the chain. He told me that he had the century well of the church cleaned and found the chain at the bottom of the well. He asked me if I wanted it and said I don't have any use of it., Instead, I told him to ask our other friend who owns a fleet of trucks if he wanted it.... Then one afternoon, I saw our other friend loading the chain to his F-150 pickup truck with 6 of is men. To cut the story short, after several months, when I was loading gas at a gas station, my priest friend saw me a went to me and punched my arm several times (lightly) and said "it's all your fault. it's all your fault!!! ....and cried. I asked him what was it all about and said that the chain we gave to _____ is gold. Our friend just told our priest friend that the chain was only made of copper. A year after, our friend put up several banks here in cagayan and isabela but when bankrupt after several years of operations.....
FYI, the well is made of bricks. The other treasure of the well is still intact. It is about 4 meters deep eastern portion at 2 meters side ways. You can see that the portion has been disturbed and cemented.

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used

BADZ,

Wow! What a bummer, huh? Sayang talaga. Since, I believe that all good things come to those who wait, I say that it wasn't the right time for the priest or you. And since your common friend fooled a priest about the provenance of what he had, look what happened to the businesses he set up from the proceeds of his ways. Nothing good ever comes out from an evil deed.

About the wells, yes I have seen them made of bricks which maybe the usual material for Spanish-era wells. In our own parish we have one like that. But never a clay pot at the bottom or even a seven-sided one. By the way, the clay pot, we found out later, was bottomless. Which makes us think now that it was not used to store or filter water as initially thought.

Anyways, thanks for the heads-up. God bless.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OHIO: I am quite curious about this Gold (?) chain. Since Gold neither corrodes nor oxidizes ????

As for the clay pot, I have seen many similar to this at the bottom of wells. If the woman isn't careful, when she is filling it from the actual well bucket, she can easily overbalance it and it ends up at the bottom.

Yes I agree, but generally she will place it at the edge of the well for ease in filing.

As for there being no bottom to the pot shown, perhaps it is simply buried under the mud or other debris at the bottom. After all, falling down a well isn't exactly just a bed of cotton.

Last point, to find out which in well a treasure might have been buried, one must know which one to clean out first

Don Jose de La Mancha

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used

Real de Tayopa said:
As for the clay pot, I have seen many similar to this at the bottom of wells. If the woman isn't careful, when she is filling it from the actual well bucket, she can easily overbalance it and it ends up at the bottom.

Yes I agree, but generally she will place it at the edge of the well for ease in filing.

As for there being no bottom to the pot shown, perhaps it is simply buried under the mud or other debris at the bottom. After all, falling down a well isn't exactly just a bed of cotton.

Last point, to find out which in well a treasure might have been buried, one must know which one to clean out first

Don Jose de La Mancha

Points well taken. Muchas gracias.

dred

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used

SWR said:
Moreover, I am rather curious why would anyone open up six banks (6 – count em’ – 6) during the period of Marshall Law under the Marcos administration? Yikes!

The person who would risk investing in the Philippines during Martial Law (from Sept 1971 to 1981) was Marcos himself. Of course, his cronies followed suit. What is good for the goose maybe good for the gander, right?

After martial law was declared, US$15M to US$50M left the Philippines everyday as capital flight. Of course, Marcos prepared for this eventuality and he used his own money and wealth to prop up the economy so that his experiment with martial rule will not fall by the wayside. And the country survived somehow.

And of course, nothing will ever come to pass in this part of the world without the assistance of Big Brother, good ole Uncle Sam. The US became the biggest investor in the Philippines with Japan as 2nd biggest. Now, why would the US and Japan invest and loan the Philippines so much money when we were under a Martial Law regime ripe with so many human rights abuses? Because we had one resource they needed and coveted: gold.

Just look at Iraq. If Iraq did not have the 3rd largest oil reserves on earth, would the US even care if they had a despot for a leader? And then compare that to Somalia or even Uganda.

But then we are diverging from the topic again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread