Hey guys is it possible for a big shell placed on a mountain wall to be sign for yama

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes. but the shell alone without the presence of any other obvious japanese markers would not be sufficient to give you a definite conclusion that it is a jap marker. the shell, together with the other markers in the area, taken as a whole, will provide you a conclusive proof that it is a jap marker.

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Giant Clam shell called Saliot here? Yes, it is used as treasure markers and arrows. The lines on the back fatter to skinnier are pointing the way if a single half shell with back exposed.

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the Imperial Japanese Army used shells, corals and many natural or natural copies as markers for treasure. I don't see your picture at this point. If it is an only one, then probably. Big Clam shells are used as arrows. Other shells used differently depending on type of shell. They also used bones and even a petrified human heart which I have witnessed in a friend's collection.

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
krisshe22, as I said above, it likely could be a marker for Yamashita. Is the Shell white in color or decomposed grey. If very weathered looking and dark grey, then shell is natural from the forming of the Philippine Islands. If it's white and newer looking then it's Yamashita. That is the best way to determine. If it is an entry marker then above it on top of cliffs should be additional markers. One in particular to look for is ***** and Balls. It means brave in IJA code and means you have to hang down by rope to chip out the tunnel.

Trucks

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found this cement shell image.jpg

vicrocs

Greenie
Jan 13, 2011
Yes, they sometimes use shells as markers. "Shell" means "jewelries". I have been to a site, it is on a cliff. There were shells placed at the walls of the cliff then there's a old hard wood tree at the top. There was also a big bolder at the site near the shell marker and the old hard wood tree.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread