Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep politics out of forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, you need to understand we have rules on politics, nothing in this thread is really about treasure hunting, one short sentence after the fact, it is about politics and although I agree with what is posted it still violates our rules.

You can discuss politics as it relates to treasure hunting in Philippines, but not just talk politics.

By the way I am married to a Filipino.

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
treasure hunter south sea statement might be wrong by your rules.............. but it could save someones life whos new to the philippines remember what happened to roxas and his treasure .....thanks south sea i guess i now need a permit ( wonder if a type 93 sea mine is treasure )

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal detecting is not illegal. however, when you excavate , that is covered already by the rules on treasure hunting permit as mentioned by the national museum law .

when you treasure hunt, as in other countries, you really need a permit.

the problem is foreigners are not allowed to apply for a treasure hunting permit, as i have heard. i am not sure about this. i have to consult the law (national heritage act of 2009 and its 2011 implementing rules).

but foreigners can partner with filipinos on a 60-40% equity arrangement by making a corporation or a partnership. 60% goes to filipinos, while 40% goes to foreigners. same with mining. there is a filipino equity rule when foreigners are involved.

when these corp or partnerships are formed, you can now apply a treasure hunting permit. the law does not state that when you apply a th permit, there must be 100% filipino equity... a caveat however is that you must also file pertinent documents like audited financial statements, register with appropriate agencies. a certified accountant can do that easily.

when you have already been given a treasure hunting permit, the govt is not there 24/7. that is where it gets more exciting. usually, the n ational museum through its partnership with japanese, the japanese would always declare ... oh there is no treasure on your property. so that's it. you have a permit already, the govt says there is no treasure. with that, you can safely conduct your acdtivity but you must report to the national museum from time to time. you are required to submit periodic reports as the permit expires when it reached a specific period.

there is no need to risk your freedom when you do illegal treasure hunting. just like in the US. when you secure permits in the US, why not secure here in the Ph also. but do it clandestinely and smartly. there are so many ways to solve a problem. just do it smartly and do it safely where your life and limb will never be compromised.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
i agree with what renantagum says ...but in real world terms on government property or public places ( say the beach ) its not as easy as it sounds ....once the mayor in that area (his kingdom) thinks u found something your out of luck permit or no permit ( elections are won with money look at the south island latest war ) ,,, remember lose lips sinks ships saying ....and dont forget the marcos cut or should i say paying homage ....i know renantagum knows this but the tourists dont ....and yes renantagum the japanese are slick with there phoney projects to recover treasure only problem time is running out few treasures left to be found

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
metal detecting is not illegal. however, when you excavate , that is covered already by the rules on treasure hunting permit as mentioned by the national museum law .

when you treasure hunt, as in other countries, you really need a permit.

the problem is foreigners are not allowed to apply for a treasure hunting permit, as i have heard. i am not sure about this. i have to consult the law (national heritage act of 2009 and its 2011 implementing rules).

but foreigners can partner with filipinos on a 60-40% equity arrangement by making a corporation or a partnership. 60% goes to filipinos, while 40% goes to foreigners. same with mining. there is a filipino equity rule when foreigners are involved.

when these corp or partnerships are formed, you can now apply a treasure hunting permit. the law does not state that when you apply a th permit, there must be 100% filipino equity... a caveat however is that you must also file pertinent documents like audited financial statements, register with appropriate agencies. a certified accountant can do that easily.

when you have already been given a treasure hunting permit, the govt is not there 24/7. that is where it gets more exciting. usually, the n ational museum through its partnership with japanese, the japanese would always declare ... oh there is no treasure on your property. so that's it. you have a permit already, the govt says there is no treasure. with that, you can safely conduct your acdtivity but you must report to the national museum from time to time. you are required to submit periodic reports as the permit expires when it reached a specific period.

there is no need to risk your freedom when you do illegal treasure hunting. just like in the US. when you secure permits in the US, why not secure here in the Ph also. but do it clandestinely and smartly. there are so many ways to solve a problem. just do it smartly and do it safely where your life and limb will never be compromised.
Thanks for the input as it sheds more light on the subject which now gives me alot to consider.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
martcus you better really look hard if your thinking of hunting in the philippines its slowing becoming a police state ...From the Land of the Grifters .....Good Luck

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
martcus you better really look hard if your thinking of hunting in the philippines its slowing becoming a police state ...From the Land of the Grifters .....Good Luck
Thank you. I was more curious of the position there. But that became very formative. Ill keep my ear to the ground on the matter but i dont have any fored plans to move on at this time.

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
better ask friends who are from the ground. rather than people who only hear news from newspapers and on the internet. ask friends who are expats here or who live here in mindanao or philippines

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Just to clear up about hunting remember these sites are mostly deep in mountainous rugged areas and so is MILF , ABU SAYYAR and NPA ...also remember the 2 small wars 2013 Zamboanga 2017 Marawi (pt 41) there was over 1200 killed ...there been many small conflicts in the 20 years i've been here even on a safe tourist island like Bohol ..so be safe and remember mother nature also very dangerous here if not more dangerous then the boy scouts i mentioned ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread