Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I found 22 40's in a box today. Best box yet!

I found this 2011 D half, and it has this gun metal kind of look to it. Does anyone know what this is?
DSC_0422.JPG

Also, I asked the teller if I could check the trash container in the machine when she switched bags (dumping the clad off.) There was a dime and a ring. I said can I check out the ring? She said sure, you want it?....its probably not real. Sure, I'll take it. Nice Sterling Tiffany ring! Gotta love free silver!
DSC_0426.JPG DSC_0427.JPG

Upvote 0

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found about 30 coins with a weird film over them like someone was practicing cleaning coins and it backfired or something. A bunch of others clads were in nice condition like they had come out of a big collection, thought they were gonna be proofs when edge sorting. No silvers out of that box.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
That appears to be a what they call a sintered planchet. The coin blank or planchet stays in the annealing drum a little too long and gathers coin metal dust on it, then when it is struck it comes out darker color. It's actually a mint error coin, I call it a Nice Tone. I got 2 of em in nice condition.

P.S. Nice Ring!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
What is weird about the coin is there in no copper on the edges at all. Its this dark colored metal with deep relief to the face. Thanks for the feedback.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Check this one out! Partially sintered planchet. I think they are beautiful. From my collection. When you just edge check, you miss something.

Attachments

• 100_6914.JPG
    100_6914.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_6915.JPG
    100_6915.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 67

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know much about rings, it is sterling silver from Tiffany, I believe Tiffany is a HUGE company based out of NYC, the ring could hold a premium!

Congrats on the wonderful box.

Terp08

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen plenty of those halves. Very common around here. Keep it if your want but Ive been tossing them back at a steady rate. Let me know if you want anymore ;)

Bought my ex one of those rings. Not cheap. Get it cleaned up and you can put it on craigslist/ebay or I believe tiffanys may buy it back. Sold back a necklace we got my mom that wasnt the right length.

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited: