creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Tammy123456 said:
Found this dog tax tag in 3 feet of sand a few years ago...had no idea it was worth so much. It's in eBay under 1889 dog tax tag and someone just bid 500.00 on it!!! So excited it is from Dardanelle Arkansas and is the flared cross design and has the number 91 at the top. Soooooo cool. N thanks for the help w this

On the other forum board you say it was 28 inches in the ground .. here you say 36 inches .. which was it? Either of those depths seem questionable with a Whites Classic ID.

OP
OP
T

Tammy123456

Aug 3, 2011
That's my fault. My fiancé found it n I had thought he said the longer depth. The shorter depth he said is reachable because of the area we live in...it's right on the river n a very silty sandy soil. It's a really fine sand right up close to the Arkansas river. It was river bottom at one time, although now a residential area.

padlock

Mar 28, 2010
Ann Arbor MI
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
something dose not seam right on your listing. You started the listing at $50 fair price! However you have a $200 a $300 and a $500 bid on the item and all by the same bidder and no other bidders. Also his feed back is private. Something is fishy to me.

why would anyone bid them self up on an item like that

OP
OP
T

Tammy123456

Aug 3, 2011
The reason why is...we think bc he knew our reserve was 500.00 we set bit at 50 doll bc we thought we had to start w something. We r new to eBay. However we thinknthe guy might b a man who contacted us by pm when we first posted it. We were told 5 min after we posted that we better put acreserve on it or else someone could get it for small small amount. About the same time someone posted a pm offering 500 doll for it. We told him we would consider then put our reserve at 500. Why take less if someone offered thus. He wasn't upping his bid on himself...he was meeting the reserve. why his info is personal I don't know but he seems like a good buyer.

rlieson1

Oct 19, 2011
Downers Grove,Il
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i..Fisher F75 LTD....Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DVC08807.JPG DVC08804.JPG DVC08806.JPG Heres a few I found from Illinois

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really uncommon for collectors of higher end pieces to keep their info private, and bidding against the reserve is also a legitimate practice of dedicated collectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions