14k Gold Wedding Ring with 3 Diamonds

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two years ago I bought a Whites V3i metal detector. I set three main goals to accomplish with it. The goals were to find gold, find a silver coin and find something of importance that I could return to its owner. Today, I accomplished one of those goals. On August 18 a lady lost a 14k, three .50 carat diamond ring at the county fair. She posted it in the lost and found section on Craigslist. I got permission to search the fairgrounds. I was told that many people had been to the fairgrounds with metal detectors searching without success. Undeterred I arrived at the fairgrounds, set my V3i to Coin & Jewelry and attached the 10"DD coil. The area I started to search had numerous bits of foil and had more signals than I cared to dig. I used the sizing and polar plot on almost every target. I made sure to scan every target from at least 2 sides. I set up a grid and was only on the 4th section when I got a solid VDI of 16 at a depth of zero. I crouched down and with the help of my semi-broken bullseye pinpointer, I pulled a small beautiful ring from the grass. I had only spent about 45 minutes searching and couldn't believe my luck. I contacted the lady and met her to return the ring today. This lady was very happy with me finding her ring. She told me this ring was her mother's wedding ring and that she had passed away a few years ago. She went on to tell me that this was not the only time this ring had been lost and returned. Twenty years ago her mother had lost the ring while gardening. Ten years later her father found the ring in the garden.

Attachments

• image-1233315865.jpg
    image-1233315865.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 2

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, that's a nice ring. Looks exactly like my grandma's ring too

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nicely done my friend! You did a really cool thing. Congrats!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive had the chance to return 7 rings since I started this hobby 4 years ago. It is a very rewarding feeling and one of the things I love about this hobby.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread