1770s House Site Finds

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1770's House Site Finds

Took my new MX Sport out this afternoon to an old home that I have permission to hunt. Lots of iron in the ground, but an occasional good reading. Dug what I believe is a really nice shoe buckle, a first for me. It looks to be iron with a pewter overlay on it. There is a learning curve with the new machine, but so far so good.

relics1.jpgrelics2.jpgrelics3.jpgrelics4.jpg

Upvote 11
I really get amazed at how many axe heads are found. Do they break off and fly, or fly off the end? I think I have three, but two including a double edge one were underwater. Hopefully more to be found there. Would be great to see an old coin.

Great hunt! Looks like you are making short work of that learning curve!

Very nice later style Georgian shoe buckle. Complete pewter and iron ones don't turn up often... Usually broken. Also, some killer iron.... That stirrup and axe head would look awesome after electrolysis. Great hunt.

Love the buckle!!

Very nice later style Georgian shoe buckle. Complete pewter and iron ones don't turn up often... Usually broken. Also, some killer iron.... That stirrup and axe head would look awesome after electrolysis. Great hunt.

Agreed. Very late style and it's actually in amazing condition considering what it's made of!

Excellent find and be careful cleaning that, if you do at all.

The soil was very mild and all iron pieces came out of the ground in surprisingly good condition. Thank you for the kind words, what year would you estimate the stirrup and shoe buckle to be?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back