1863 IHC possible DDR? Thoughts?

lbinc

Dec 28, 2013
Hey everyone, looking for a little help on this one. I thought MD til I really looked at it. The olive leaf looks convincingly doubled. I have been wrong before. Lol

ForumRunner_20140410_185319.png

ForumRunner_20140410_185533.png

ForumRunner_20140410_185250.png

ForumRunner_20140410_185221.png

ForumRunner_20140410_185148.png

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Even though somewhat flat, the doubling and is definitely not Longacre Doubling. While the doubling is less and oriented Southwest or Southerly unlike the Double Die doubling on the Snow-10 Double Die Reverse which is (correction) Northeastward and mainly on the right side of the Wreath, I have a strong feeling that it is actually doubling due to a Double Die. I can find no reference for a new Double Die Variety of such but it could be known but just not put into publication as of yet. The coin should be checked by a Coneca Attributer before we will know for sure. It is my hopes that you have a new Discovery Coin (i.e. new Double Die Variety found and identified)!

CONECA

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
lbinc

lbinc

Dec 28, 2013
Thanks Frank. I thought it was possible myself. But WOW! It's nice to finally have someone let you know your on to something. Do you know the best way to submit a coin to CONECA? I believe you need a membership.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Frank. I thought it was possible myself. But WOW! It's nice to finally have someone let you know your on to something. Do you know the best way to submit a coin to CONECA? I believe you need a membership.

No, you don't have to be a member of Coneca to submit coins for attribution. However, the cost for attribution is cheaper for members. You can make contact with a Coneca Variety Attributer at the link below. The Attributer may ask you to send pics of the coin and advise as to whether it is worth sending it in. This can actually save you the cost for Attribution as well as the shipping costs both ways if the Attributer deems that based on the pics, that there is no need to send the coin in and he/she will give the reason why.

CONECA Atrribution Process

God luck!

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions