1928A Silver Certificates

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to this forum - more of a coin collector than a paper currency collector.

I am asking for help with respect to some 1928A $1 silver certificates. Someone in my wife's family has come into 14 of them. They are each in fairly durable plastic holders and appear to be uncirculated. They were stored in such a way that the plastic holders are a little bent/bowed, but no folds or wrinkles appear on the notes. I'll probably just lay the notes flat and put books or something on them to make them perfectly flat again.

Anyway, looking around on ebay it seems that high grade examples of this note sell for $40 or so. I expect my wife's family will want to sell the notes. Given my description, is it worth having the notes graded and certified first? If so, who are the respected paper currency grades and how much can we expect to pay?

Thanks in advance.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's a good subject to research; and remember that certain auction houses may waive their grading cost if you elect to have them auction off your bills.
And if the bills are in consecutive order, that may add a premium if they are sold as a collection versus as singles.
Don.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread