1953 Military ID and 1 Rosie

alb1

Jan 15, 2014
Weselberg, Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030, my favorite E-Trac & NEL Tornado. Garrett Carrot, (Previously, MXT PRO with D2 and SEF 10x12 coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found both of these at my local hot spot on post. The wallet I found this ID in was toast. It belonged to a 22 yr old PVT 5'8 and a skinny 136lbs! Sadly the picture has faded away. I also found two rusted keys in the wallets coin purse. Nearby it I found the 48-S Rosie. This makes #5 silver FTY and my 12th at this small wooded park. Recently I changed my settings from auto to manual and use slower sweeps and it's paid off with more good hits between all the trash and pull tabs.

Attachments

• id1.jpg
    id1.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 101
  • id.jpg
    id.jpg
    762.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 14

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice find. It would be neat if you can find the owner based on his serial number and return it to his family as a keepsake.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I like that ID card. I agree with VPNavy. Would be nice if you can find the family.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the wallet and silver! :occasion14: IMHO, running the Minelab detectors in manual have always produced better finds for me, just have to listen to a bit of back talk from the machine. :icon_thumleft:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be Awesome on a return to a family member. That was my Dads birth year and if I had it returned to me, I'd frame that thing.
Congrats on the Rosie too!!

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super nice rosie. And that military ID is unique. It's interesting how you changed your technique.....good advice to follow. If things aren't working, try something different.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be sweet to return it I would bet they remember losing it cause he would have to replace it ASAP> LOL

seabee89

Jan 7, 2015
Pike County Indiana
Detector(s) used
The old Radio Shack Special...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. The ID card is super. That is the one thing I ALWAYS tried to keep my hand on!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread