2 boxes of pennies!

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
About to head out and hit up the bank. On the task today yard work, dentist, and last of all 2 boxes of pennies. I love searching pennies very time consuming but I feel as if rewarding also. The bank that I use have brinks boxes and they usually have 20-30 wheat to a box and about a 1/3 copper. I have also started picking out the gems also hard to believe but yes they are out there I'm circulation. I put all these gems in coin flips and put them album pages then on folders one for the 2000's one for the 1990's one for the 1980's and the 70's and the 60's. Also have one just for S mint stuff. I am not sure that these will be worth anything soon but I am sure one day of the Lord tarries they will be. I guess that is the fun part about collecting not about making quick money but about having an eye as to what to put back and what to sale or dump. Anyways have a good day! O Ya better stock up banks closed Monday!

Upvote 0

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to say that pennies are my favorite denomination to search. I used to search at least 2 boxes per week with my grandfather. He liked them because the Wheats, IH's, etc. were easy to spot.

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, penny boxes are enjoyable to search. My record is 68 Wheaties in 1 box. FYI, I have 23 boxes in my vault. But 1st I want to do all my nickel boxes, which BTW are fun too. My Buffalo & War nickel collection keeps growing by leaps & bounds. HH. Happy Memorial Day weekend yuall!

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Well went today and got my two usual boxes for the week first bank normal brink's box and picked up ten $2 bills. Second bank walked in ask for a box of pennies took her forever it seemed like she brought them out and I noticed they had been opened the tape was cut. I could not wait to get to my truck and sure enough they was a full box of all CWR'S! I couldn't hardly drive thinking about them lol! I have not went through them all yet but what I have went through has brought forth a lot of AU pennies about gems. They are all rolled different style wrappers but will post if I get anything good. Also picked up 23 plus pounds of wheat today a lot of S mint good mixture of teens and then the usually except they was two rolls of AU Wheaties in there! But my best find today I guess is this error coin! No doubt these pennies are not picked through or they would have caught this! O Ya and thabks for all the post love reading them!

ForumRunner_20120525_212757.png

ForumRunner_20120525_212736.png

ForumRunner_20120525_212715.png

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Codes said:
I would have to say that pennies are my favorite denomination to search. I used to search at least 2 boxes per week with my grandfather. He liked them because the Wheats, IH's, etc. were easy to spot.

pennies are fun with all the things to look for!

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
The Jersey DEvil said:
Yes, penny boxes are enjoyable to search. My record is 68 Wheaties in 1 box. FYI, I have 23 boxes in my vault. But 1st I want to do all my nickel boxes, which BTW are fun too. My Buffalo & War nickel collection keeps growing by leaps & bounds. HH. Happy Memorial Day weekend yuall!

68? wow any good ones?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice '54! I love finding uncirculated wheats, nothing better. Have only found one so far in many many boxes and it was a '59

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! But I'm a little confused. All I can find are boxes of cents!:laughing7:
HH
enamel7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread