2 silver morning with the new 5x8

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out this morning and tested out my new 5x8 DD coil at the beach. I was very excited at the prospect of getting closer to the retaining wall and around the shacks located there. Wow! Separation, separation, separation. This was my first run with it. I didn't try it out in my yard as I prefer in the field learning and thanks to the tips from fellow members here, I felt fairly confident.

I didn't get to bed until 3am last night but was up at 7am because the thought of a packed Memorial Day beach weekend is all I have obsessed about for a couple days. Unfortunately though, I ran out of gas pretty fast, even with the lighter coil.

My reward though was a silver religious charm of St. Jude and the 1963 George Washington! I am mostly sure the charm is silver. The mark is worn so it is hard to make out through my loupe but it looks like it and SOUNDS like it when I drop it on my counter. Hopefully I get back out there after a little nap.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

-Jay

2silver.jpg

Upvote 7

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The religious medal looks silver to me and congrats on the GW. Nice finds.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great scores! I can tell you i Noticed a HUGE difference with my 5x8

My first objective when purchasing it was to get into the woods more effectively. As it turns out, the coil is already living up to the expectations and the praise I have read on here for it.

Next up, the 15" NEL Attack which will be arriving tomorrow!

I know some people don't see the need for three different coils but after reading a lot of threads on here and weighing the pros and cons and considering sites that I either have hunted or plan to hunt, I can see the justification for it. Different strokes for different folks but I don't mind switching out coils as the field calls for.

I will eventually get a third detector but I am happy with my decision thus far.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds! Congrats on all of the silver. GL&HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread