Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day, pretty hot, and the ground was more or less like lumps of cement. Kind of hard to keep your balance walking on them, Dave called them mogulls (spell check that).

Dave got a copper straight away, and after an hour and a half I still only had one lonely musket ball. My first good coin type signal was a 1725 2 reale pretty much on top of the ground. Then I got the nice decorated knee buckle (I assume that's what it is) a couple of pewter buttons and I believe the first one ever with a complete shank. The george 1st copper is also a first, or first one that can be IDed, circa 1717 to 1719.

Lunch break, hard boiled eggs, and back at it. Barely started I got another near surface Spanish Silver, this is the one that is in the clump of dirt, dated 1776. The video sucked so I just took out this one frame.

find13-36b.jpg

All in all a great day with some nice finds, and firsts.
Funny it took 5 years to get my first spanish silver, I got three 2Rs in this past 7 days.

Attachments

• find13-36a.JPG
    find13-36a.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 170
  • find13-36c.JPG
    find13-36c.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 176
  • find13-36d.JPG
    find13-36d.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 162
  • find13-36e.JPG
    find13-36e.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 175
  • find13-36f.JPG
    find13-36f.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 21

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here I be living in Missouri, working 12 hour days in Kansas ans cannot seem to find a silver coin to save my arse. Here I am perusing TNET on break and I stumble (trip) across this thread. I have to agree, holy cow, wowzer, my oh my, what a hunt, fantastic, you get my drift.

Many congratulations! Those are sweet!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

(Or the person with no silver, let alone vintage silver over 230 years old)

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somehow missed this post...had a day like that with IP a few years back, he wouldn't speak to me for a day or two LOL....just gotta love that old silver! Congrats

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just like beeping coral lol

Jeepers man you were right, that GD FN thread has come back to life at the top of page one, after only 3 and a half months ??? Someone has got to be shot.....Hope soon.

You know it wouldn't be quite so bad if the OP has, or ever has ever posted to anyone else's posts, but he hasn't. I really hope he gets a fast acting cancer. Never been so sick in my life.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Jeepers man you were right, that GD FN thread has come back to life at the top of page one, after only 3 and a half months ??? Someone has got to be shot.....Hope soon.

You know it wouldn't be quite so bad if the OP has, or ever has ever posted to anyone else's posts, but he hasn't. I really hope he gets a fast acting cancer. Never been so sick in my life.

Easy now big fella. Lol

I guess the point I was trying to make was if you got new finds start a new topic, if we all followed suit ,each poster would have one post topic and everything would land there, kinda stupid

as it is, it's not my post and theOP can do whatever he wants , some people just don't get it

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice looking Spanish silver, out of curiosity...anything on the front of those pewter buttons?

Nothing on the fronts of those 3 pewters, but I did get a 4th (IV) regiment rev war button from that same site on a different day. Probably the best site we were ever on, both in quantity, and quality.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely rockin' finds (even if this is a resurrected thread)!! A Spanish silver is at the very top of my bucket list right now...just feels like pirate loot, with great history as context. What would the colonial economic landscape have looked like without reales?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing this got bounced back as a result of your posts on the pistareen thread, and while reading that one it occurred to me out of all the Spanish silver I have found I have only dug one 2 reales. So seeing this thread again digging two in a day is pretty wild as far as my detecting goes because what you did in a day I have not been able to do in 14 years.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, thats a super day! - BIG CONGRATS

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
UNREAL COIN AND BUCKLE . NICE FINDS FOR SURE ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread