Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ohio Jerry said:
I really enjoyed your posts this past year Nat. Thanks for the year end post. Turning your clad in to a nice guitar and case was too cool!! I think Tasha was your best find though. A seated coin and v nickel are just around the corner for ya!! HH,Jerry

Thanks Jerry, the sound of that guitar is incredible for the price..I just couldn't pass it up. I gave my son my Yamaha so we both have a nice acoustic to jam on :thumbsup:

civilman1 said:
True Detectorist=Natman.....look it up dictionary ;D The Total's are Outstanding Nat....No wonder you alway's have that Smile :thumbsup: Beautiful Year Brother :thumbsup:

Thanks civilman, that's nice of you..I hope to keep at this as long as I remain healthy and able to walk and bend ;D

Captn_SE said:
Nat, what a fantastic year you had!!

I always look forward to your school and resident yard finds!! You do about as well as anyone can ask for at those places.

Best of luck to you in '09!! I know each year, it gets harder to find the good stuff when you've covered so many areas in your locale the prior years. But when you do find something, it will make it all the more special!! :thumbsup:

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

That means a lot coming from you Dan, and you're right..I'm running out of places close by..time to find the older places now..I'm ready to dig more silver and less clad (ok a few rings would be nice!) Good luck to you too :thumbsup:

oddcoins said:
WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow!!! Very impressive finds man! You did great in 2008!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Thanks Neil, you didn't do too bad either as I recall! I'd love to find the coins you found during the year!

Mona Lisa said:
What a great 2008 recap. It's great that you got yourself a few treats along the way. :)

Those rings are gorgeous, and that is a great-looking Standing Liberty Quarter.

Of course, my favorite find of yours is Tasha. She's gorgeous. :thumbsup:

You're a special guy, Natty. I don't mean special special. :tard: I mean you seem kind-hearted and conscientious. :icon_sunny: The world needs more people like you. :angel7:

Lisa, all I can say is thank you, as I've said before, you are AWESOME :)

Thanks again for ALL your nice comments,
Nat

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, Whites XLT
Great finds!!!
Your Karma will be so huge in 2009 for saving that dog!!!
Make him your metal detecting buddy! I will look forward to the pics!

P

Pentico

Well my friend another great year for you.
All ways enjoy looking at your posts.
BTW good looking dog you found too.
He will be a great hunting buddie next year.

Continued success in 09!

DN

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Great job, Ntm. Sometimes, I think that I will just do the beaches alone; especially, because I feel that working parks, mulch areas, and fields are very difficult. Yet I see your success, especially in the realm of coinage. You keep me in the game of working those areas because you do so well. I feel that being diversified is so important, especially because there is so much competition. Well, great Job. Keep keeping on..

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
beachboy said:
Great job, Ntm. Sometimes, I think that I will just do the beaches alone; especially, because I feel that working parks, mulch areas, and fields are very difficult. Yet I see your success, especially in the realm of coinage. You keep me in the game of working those areas because you do so well. I feel that being diversified is so important, especially because there is so much competition. Well, great Job. Keep keeping on..

Thanks bb..schools, sports parks and private yards around here have always allowed me to bring back a ton of coin..if you are able to get out to such areas (especially if they're at least 20 years old) there's no telling how much you'll come back with.

Nat

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great year Nat. I hope we have a good 2009. I think you and I both had a crazy 2008 :tard:

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks you guys :thumbsup:

silverfreak said:
Congrats on a great year Nat. I hope we have a good 2009. I think you and I both had a crazy 2008 :tard:

Thanks Bryce..there were surely plenty of good and not so good times in '08. Remember, what matters from now on is making the most of every breathing moment and take NOTHING for granted. That philosophy will lead to a much fuller and richer life for all of us.

Nat

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Natman you had one heck of a outstanding year, wish you the best man. Keep on diggin!!! JYD

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natman,

Hey brother! Great year! I love to see your post, you always have something new and exciting to show us or tell us. You my friend are a great hunter to produce that amount of finds I can clearly tell you love the hobby and do it with a good heart. Not everyone would have rescued the dog and brought her into your own home. I hope you have a super 09 and God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRACKBADGER

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Way to go, Nat!! What a year!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Your posts never let me down! Sounds like you might have to move to new territory pretty soon if you keep cleaning up your home turf at this rate! ;D

It's good to hear Tasha is doing well and getting along with the other dogs. Here's to an even greater '09! :occasion14:
Neil

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks a lot you guys, I appreciate the comments. Hope this year is kind to all of you.

Neil, you got that right..it took 2 years but I think I cleaned out the town :D I want to check older areas..I really get a rush seeing a silver rim sticking out of a ball of mud :o I have a few places already lined up this spring so stay tuned..

HH,
Nat

P.S. The dogs drive us nuts at times, but it's all good :)

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Nat,

Congrats on a wonderful year. What an amazing amount of coins you have recovered in the past two years. Simply unbelievable. Keep up the good work, and I wish you all the best for this year. Thanks for all your posts.

HH,

Dr. Ace

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Looks like you had a great 2008. I hope 09 is better.
Dman

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some great finds. Hey you are not that far away from me. We should go for a hunt together sometime. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread