2013 finds so far

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wantedt o check in. I've been going through a box of halves and a box of pennies each week since mid january. So in the 8 +/- boxes of halves I've found a few keepers. Last box had a 40% in the first roll. I'll admit, it got my hopes pretty high, but unfortunately that was about it. My averages continue to be hurt by full boxes of the same years. Oh, I did also find a proof in there, but it looks like something corosive spilled on it. If two face needed a coin to flip, this would have been the one. I'll have to remember to post a pic later.

Pennies haven't been too exciting lately. this year, I've averaged about 7-8 wheaties per box which is down from last year. I think only one was from the 30's. I definitely don't have much luck finding older wheaties. i wonder if I'd have better luck in the northeast.

I found a stealie in a coinstar reject bin. I've found some foreign and some pennies from time to time, but this was a good find for me since it was in very nice shape. i guess thats about it. i did have an odd penny box, but I'll post that in another thread because it involves a question. hope all is well guys!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread