22x face value

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I remember seeing an ad in the paper for a place buying pre 64 coins for 22x face value. I don't think anyone would buy for more than that right? I don't plan on selling anything yet, just trying to figure out where I might end up selling in the future.

I went into a coin shop today because my brother wanted to buy silver. I asked what they were buying silver coins for and they were only paying 16x... Well I know where I'm NOT selling silver!

Upvote 0
F

Farchaus2k

Or you could read the hundreds of posts about this very topic.....

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I remember seeing an ad in the paper for a place buying pre 64 coins for 22x face value. I don't think anyone would buy for more than that right? I don't plan on selling anything yet, just trying to figure out where I might end up selling in the future.

I went into a coin shop today because my brother wanted to buy silver. I asked what they were buying silver coins for and they were only paying 16x... Well I know where I'm NOT selling silver!
Yes, forgive them for expecting to make a profit in order to pay the rent, light bill, employees, etc.....

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the coin shops and cash for gold shops. They are so far off with there prices. They don't help any one.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
There are 2 main types of bullion buyers, those who will take them and will re-sell them to a refiner (more numerous and usually pay less) and those who will take them and sell them to their customers (less numerous and will pay much better because they get a profit on both ends, both when they buy the coin for less than its worth and when they sell the coin for more than its worth in melt such as buying for 20x face and selling for 23-24x face)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions