$230 collection cashed in

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At one of my pickup banks today and the teller informs me that due to the holiday there was a mix up resulting in my coins were not being ordered in time. But she says a woman had stopped in earlier and cashed $230 in halves and $43 in Ikes. Ding! Collection!

So I bought the lot.

Nothing from the Ikes as expected. I'm still hunting for that elusive 40%er.

Start with the halves and notice they are rolls of solid years which is a great sign usually. Unfortunately, the earliest year in the collection was 1971. Disappointment abounds.

Now to dump.

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
damn that is a major bummer, but you did the right thing, always buy it all if you have the funds available, you just never know !!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I save all Ikes tellers or Ikes I see in Cash drawers (: My dealer pays a dollar and a quarter

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bummer man, sorry... still something better than a complete skunk- being labeled dates!
hh
buff

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that's a no brainer, i just toss the ikes into a 5-gallon pail, wish i could sell them for a 125% return!
I save all Ikes tellers or Ikes I see in Cash drawers (: My dealer pays a dollar and a quarter

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen rolls like that too. Written dates. Usually they turn out to be accurate.

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wouldn't happen to be in new Hampshire. Because I got a tip from a teller saying a lady called looking for wrappers for halves and Ike's.

OP
OP
S

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, not in NH. And to be clear, the rolls weren't written upon. When I would open them, they were all of the same year. Just kept hoping to find one solid silver... but it never happened.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread