"250 of them"

mills84

Mar 3, 2012
Costa Mesa, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually search halves, but decided to request a box of nickels this time to stash away (not without going through them first).

Anyway, I asked the teller if it would be possible to purchase a box of nickels and he said he would order them for me. Then he said "it will be 250 of them". I stood there with a dumb look on my face for about 5 seconds then said "...perfect, thank you".

250 of what?

I was under the impression nickels came in boxes of 50 rolls - $2 (40 nickels) per roll, for a total of $100 (2000 nickels).

I didn't want to ask the teller to clarify what he meant, and look like I didn't know what I was ordering (and in turn didn't belong ordering them)... but what was he talking about?

The only logical conclusion is a box of 250 rolls for $500? Is there even a box that size? How would that compare in weight to a box of halves?

Upvote 0

Gareb

Sep 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've bought many boxes of nickels. They are 100 dollars, 50 rolls of 40 each, 2000 coins. It has a good weight to it also. When dumping them in bags they will only hold 200 dollars worth and that runs almost or about 50 pounds. I have no clue what he was talking about either. Unless he was adding a fee of 2.50 to the total, I have never ran into that before either.

OP
OP
M

mills84

Mar 3, 2012
Costa Mesa, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, a $2.50 fee sounds more realistic than anything else. I've never been charged fees for my boxes of halves from that credit union, so that's strange. We'll see on Thursday I guess. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread